cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with X-Box live

N/A

Help with X-Box live

OK.. im sorry to ask as i have seen a number of threads on this already. but i am struggling to sort x-box live out. (im a woman.. maybe me and technology dont mix!!!lol)

I have a USB modem and also have an ethernet port in the PC. I have got a crossover cable from the port to the x-box and its recognising the cable but wont connect for some reason.

Ive looked at the connections panel in windows but when i go to the properties bit to try and get the connection shared... the actual option isnt even on the screen? All i have is the firewall option which doesnt help at allHuh?

Any help would be appreciated..
4 REPLIES
N/A

Help with X-Box live

Hi,

What version of windows are you using? XP? The internet sharing option should be under a tab within the modem connection, it won't be under the lan options.

Or have you already checked this ?

Aaron
N/A

Help with X-Box live

thanks... i have managed to do it... since we swopped to using the usb modem the ethernet port wasnt actually enabled!!!! DOH!!! I said me and technology didnt mix!!!

Now i got to figure out how to actually play a game!!! Any suggestiosn for good ones would be gratefully received Smiley
N/A

Help with X-Box live

If you like shooting game return to castle wolfenstein thats grt laugh.
Burnout 3 for a racing game

You can add me to your list if you like

Gamertag SWANWICK
N/A

Help with X-Box live

thanks... i do like the shooting games... although Wolfenstein on the Pc scared me whitless in places!!!

So far weve got Top Spin, Snooker 2004, Toca Race Driver 2, Links 2004 and Project Gotham Racing 2. I had got Madden 2005 for hubby but we have just found out theyve taken out the x-box live bit for european relases!!! grrrrrrrrr.... £37 wasted!!

Anyhow.. if i get wolfentstein i will add you...

GAMERTAG :- Rodley