cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help on Enemy Territory

N/A

Help on Enemy Territory

Since the PC probs at the weekend and the fact that i had to replace the hard drive.. ive now re-downloaded Enemy Territory again.
I am having problems playing it though. I log on to a server (ive tried several different ones) and it plays OK... then it kind of judders as if im getting severe lag.. then it stops all together and i get thrown to a dark grey screen. no error message tho. This completely freezes the PC and even alt+ctrl+del doesnt do anything so i have to reset the PC.
Ive downloaded it from the same place as last time.. im just at a loss. I thought with having a new motherboard, hard drive and faster processor that the game would work better.. but instead its unplayable Sad
any advicec would be gratefully received
5 REPLIES
jberry
Grafter

Help on Enemy Territory

Hi Lisa,

It sounds like a problem with the new hardware that you have more than anything if it is crashing and taking down your system. Ideally you should eliminate each of the new bits of hardware you have got as the problem - the gfx card is easiest since you can just swap it back. Mobo and processor are more of a problem.

You could also try downloading the game from an alternative source. I am pretty sure that the one in the file repository is working:

http://gamefiles.frag9.net/enemy.territory/

Regards,
N/A

Help on Enemy Territory

thanks. im going to try uninstaling it and reinstalling. we now have two hard drives.. and i instaled it on the D drive.. so this time i will instal it on the usual c drive in case that makes any difference Smiley

thanks again
N/A

Help on Enemy Territory

Lo Lisa, need more info, wots the spec of your new pc tell me all of it it will save time, E.T is usually easy to run u dont need anything fancy to run it , it does sound as though u will have better luck when u install to your c drive (always save program install files to there), remember to update your pc at windows update if it a new install of windows and turn on anti virus and firewall before u go on the net. let us know if u got it sorted. :shock:
N/A

Help on Enemy Territory

i may have sorted it.. i uninstalled the network connections we had on the pc... and reinstaled new ones.. and now ET managed to stay online K for a whole hour last night... and the Xbox live is working once more too! wohoooo...Smiley

thanks for all your help folks Tongue
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Help on Enemy Territory

Are you using an ATI card and is the server using punkbuster? If so that combination can cause that problem depending on when punkbuster scans your files.

Theres a quick fix driver for it from ATI if that's the case. Note you can't use these drivers to updated the current drivers installed, so you have to uninstall the old ones first then allow the reboot, then finally install the Quick fix version.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017