Did you mean: 

Help Me Please!

N/A

Help Me Please!

Got all the equipment for xbox live on ics

When u get to configuirng my USB modem for ics i get this error:

Error 1068: The dependancy service or group failed to start

Does anyone have a clue what this means? :S

Moderators note by Chris: Please don't use capitals for titles, it is rude and considered shouting and is less likely to get you help.
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Help Me Please!

No because you don't supply any details for us to help.

PC spec, windows version, how is it all connected, USB modem make/model will all do as a start.

I also don't understand what you mean by 'configuring the USB modem for ICS'. Please explain what you are doing and what you have done. At what point does the error appear - i.e at what stage of the config do you see it.

I'm also assuming you have a working PC with working ADSL access and you are trying to connect up your Xbox by using ICS (internet connection sharing) and a network card on the PC to connect to your Xbox. If this is correct at least we now know this is what you are trying to do.

Cheers

Peter Cool
N/A

Help Me Please!

Ok I'll try and explain...

I have:
1. Plusnet ADSL
2. A360 USB modem (supplied by plusnet)
3. An xbox with a crossover cable going into the ethernet port on my LAN card in the PC
4. A USB cable going from the PC into the modem
5. A ethernet cable going to the telephone socket.

6. Control Panel - Network Connections - Right click on the wiptech dialup - Properties - Advanced tab - and then...
there is a section on internet connection sharing. I clicked on the top option and seleted the LAN card which is connected to the xbox via the crossover cable. After trying to select this i receive the message as stated in the previous post.

I am on XP Professional
Intel P4 2.4ghz

I hope this helps, sorry for been too general earlier
Community Veteran

Help Me Please!

I don't know your modem so can't really help with the setup. I also only have XP Home so don't know how different the Pro version is.

Have you tried setting up ICS via info from windows help & support - search for ICS. I think that should explain what to do amd may do it differently to what you have used.
jberry
Grafter

Help Me Please!

If you ever have a problem ... paste your error message into google Smiley

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=827328

Regards,