cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having problems with connected to friends on xbox live

N/A

Since i have had this router its seems i cant connect to my firends games if there all in there. When one of them is on there own i can join him. I hear to correct this i need to open up certain ports but how Huh

I have a netgear dg834g wireless router

Thanks for any help
7 REPLIES
N/A

Hi extreme,

Sounds like it could be a NAT problem.
It might be easier to try adding your xbox IP into the DMZ rather than opening the ports alone as from my experience you'll still get a NAT of 2 which will still give you problems with your friends list.

Start up your xbox and got to Settings - Network Settings - Connect - then go back to IP Settings and note down the IP address that has been assigned to the xbox e.g. 192.168.0.3.
On your router web page got to Lan IP Setup and add the IP of the xbox into there and apply. Then navigate to WAN Setup and add tick the box for Default DMZ Server and add the ip in there.

This should be all you need to do, but just to check from the xbox got to Settings - Network Settings - Connect - press the yellow button and then the green button on the controller and you should see

IC = 1
MT = 1
NT = 1

If this still doesn't work (you get a 2 or 3 with the above) you will need to port forward as well, TCP 88 and TCP/UDP 3074 but you have to create these in Services first.
I'll explain this if you need me to but first see how you go with DMZ.
N/A

Thanks for the info just done all that and i will see if it works ltr. It might no be me though it might be there fault also. Hopefully this works cheers
N/A

No problem mate.
The point you raise is also true.
Maybe get them to test the IC, MT and NT on their Xbox's as well.
Let me know how you get on
N/A

Bt voeger 205 adsl router thats the name of my mates router. And i think he has the problems. Any ideas how to change his.
N/A

I'm not familiar with the BT Voyager but it should still have DMZ. If you add the IP of the xbox to that it should do the same as port forwarding, only easier.
N/A

there's a list of compatable routers that have been thoroughly tested on the xbox website, thought one of the BT voyagers was one of them :?
N/A

I post for some help on the xbox forum.

It should get repied without to many flames.
I hope this will help

http://forums.xbox.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=13146765

simon

as I hoped, the uk mod' has pasted the fix for you.
This work for me when a friend needed help with his 205.

you may need a 'net passport' to view this thou!

simon