cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hasbro Interactive UpWords on Windows 2000 - is it possible?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I have a copy of Hasbro Interactive UpWords (it's a bit like fancy Scrabble) that won't run properly in Win 2000...it was never designed for it to be fair!! Win 98 was it's upper limit, Hasbro sold out it's software rights to Arari some time ago, and Atari (the links to the right part of Atari are quite involved) in their infinite wisdom are not offering a patch for Win 2000.

The programme will open and run in Win2k but in very reduced window size with a stream of error messages.

Normally I run this (or at least my wife does) in the Win ME half of my dual boot where it runs normally (and in full screen) this programme is the only reason I keep a dual boot on my PC.

If anybody knows of or has heard of a fix for this please let me know

[Moderators note (by Thomas): The title for this thread has been changed to something more relevant to the thread's content.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
4 REPLIES
N/A

It may sound like this is not possible.

Unless the developer, or the peopel that bought them out are willing to offer such a item, then you are poot out of luck.

WinXP is designed on the WIn2K core, as you may be aware through the various magazines, WinXP has major issues with old software.

Many people did not want to shift from there allready working/compatiable/supported systems, to a newer system, where no support would be offered, or they knew it would not work.

Through my job, we purchases 2 new XP and a 2K machines, for use as an EPOS hub (accounts and till managment system). All 3 have become more expensive, because the software would only function with 9*.
Community Veteran

Yes... don't get fooled out by the fact that Windows XP has a compatibility mode thing you can change for each program... because it never works anyway. :roll:

Thomas
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I guess that's a NO then.... Sad

Thanks anyway guy's
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
N/A

Yes... don't get fooled out by the fact that Windows XP has a compatibility mode thing you can change for each program... because it never works anyway. :roll:

Thomas

It worked once for me. And only once Smiley