cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Halo help

N/A

Halo help

Hi I have had halo for a long time (since coming out on pc infact) but over the last 3 days whilst playing online it keeps closing, then a box appears saying "gathering exception data" .

I formatted my computer today but it still does it.One thing i did do was remove some memory but it doesnt make sense as I went from 2Gig which my comp couldnt read to 1.5Gig which it can read.

In writing this message i think i may have found the answer.I will try out what im thinking and write back :?
2 REPLIES
N/A

Halo help

hmm sonds like a windows error (when windows won't write the contents of RAM back to the system due to corruption).

If you have alot of system memory then I'd try removing half of it and testing, then if that doesn't work try the other half. Unfortunately it could also be other memory on you graphics card or CPU or mother board. If you have any DIAGS software I'd run it.
N/A

Halo help

I got it sorted out now.It did not like that I had my memory in slots 1,2 and 3 and 4 was clear, I moved the 3rd to the forth slot and is ok now.

I have the same problem with another computer both have the same motherboard i think it might be a DD/SS memory issiue...in my manual it states it cant have 4 memory sticks that are DD which they were.it can have 3 but not in the positions i had them in.

.......thanks all the same will remember that for future referances Tongue