cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HL2 DM?

N/A

HL2 DM?

The half life 2 dm server seems very quiet at the moment. Has something happened and nobody's told me?!

Cheesy
5 REPLIES
Firejack
Grafter

HL2 DM?

Right now I'm not playing HL2DM. I'm just keeping the server up to date. There has been a real slowdown of new maps so its just not as fun anymore.

My plan for the server in the long term is to convert it to the Dystopia mod. That is a few months away from completion though. I'll be installing another mini-mod like Kinyoenta Evolution onto the server as soon as I've finished testing it. The mini-mod is called Antlion Troopers Deuce. Looks like a very good idea and have been following it awhile. The first version was bugged though.

If you have any maps you want to see added just point me in the direction of where to download it and I'll upload it to the server. I can also add you to the in-game Admin mod so you can control which map is played next, kick people and a few other things.
N/A

HL2 DM?

Yeah see what you mean. The Antlion Troopers Deuce mod looks pretty cool though.

I'll be on the lookout for more maps, think most of these are already on the server but there are some at: http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/HL2DM_mappack/ Was there one set on a desert island with a boat? Haven't seen that in a while.

Sure, that'd be cool if it's ok with you? My alias is skink, not sure if you need that or not?

Thanks Smiley
Firejack
Grafter

HL2 DM?

There are around 55+ maps on the server currently. Most aren't played though. They may look good but play badly in terms of team balance or locations of weapons. The map cycle just goes through the more successful maps.

I don't install the map packs. They tend to be stuffed with every map available and most are utter rubbish :roll:
Plus another problem with the map packs is they do't check them for Linux compatibilty so you end up with server crashes on our server since its Linux.

I need your SteamID to add you to the Admin list.
N/A

HL2 DM?

Sven Co-Op 2 !!!!
N/A

HL2 DM?

There are around 55+ maps on the server currently. Most aren't played though. They may look good but play badly in terms of team balance or locations of weapons. The map cycle just goes through the more successful maps.

I need your SteamID to add you to the Admin list.

Yeah see what you mean. Didn't valve or someone run a map making contest a while back?

Ok, n00bish question, how do I get my SteamID? I thought you could get it through the console but when I press the ~ key, nothing comes up :?

Thanks Smiley