cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good pings

N/A

Good pings

Oh no not another rubbish ping times thread!
Ofcourse not, all you see is those threads I'm actually posting just to say I seem to get great ping times and ofcourse I occasionally lag nothing I'm going to rip my xbox out of the network and bitch about plusnet I'm just wondering if we could get some people who actually get good ping times on here just?
I for one get good gaming done on xbox live all day and night, am I lucky of is there other people like me? Would love to hear from you
Cheers
Kyle
9 REPLIES
Slick
Grafter

Good pings

i also ping @ 25/30 ms
and thats 24/7 to so i have no complaints
N/A

Good pings

well i ping at around 80ms to SWG (this was 30ms before max dsl) and ping up to 10000ms!! in ventrilo since my upgrade! so yeah pings are dreadful for me. Currently waiting for Plus to switch me back to Fast Path fixed 1meg which was fine, had no service since sunday LOL and support are not even answering my questions about this, took them 6 days to respond last time!
Wonder how long it will take them to give me my MAC :twisted:
N/A

Good pings

on line gaming is totally impossible for me atm, how do i know if i ve been switched over?
N/A

Good pings

go to your router web page, mine is ip 10.0.0.2 use your browser obviously for this, yours should be similiar, check under your adsl configuration it will say in there interleaved or fast path.

This is well known issue with Max DSL, my advice, you are gamer primarily avoid max dsl like the plague, stick with the fixed rate service, the latency due to interleaving is woeful and can add at anything upto 40ms to ping times, doesnt soun d much to many but for gamers its a killer, yeah it's great for downloading 2 gigs of music at 4megs etc but rubbish for gameing.

I have been told by PLus support it can take anything up to 4 weeks to migrate back to BT ipstream fixed rate serviceHuh what an absolute joke, how exactly does it take a company 4 weeks to do this..so my gaming conn has been ruined for 2months by Max DSL. This product should come with a gamers warning, the guy at Plus Support is aware of the gaming issues endemic with max dsl, not all users btw get this, but a large proportion do according to him.
N/A

Good pings

You can switch interleaving off on MaxDSL - the fact that it is on suggests you have problems with your phone line (often caused by dodgy extension wiring). So - sort your premises wiring out and then request to have interleaving disabled.

Jobs a good'un.
N/A

Good pings

All my problems have arisen soon as max was enabled. This was confirmed by customer support. I know you are trying to be helpful here, but having listened for 4 weeks to suggestions like have you reset your router, are you using a master socket, have u tried a new micro filter, blah blah, a) I am a network engineer in london so not an IT idiot, and b) my line is 100% fine, line attenuation jumped to 58.5db when turned onto the max circuit from ip stream this is my problem hence i want the service removed. Turning it to fast path with this high an attentuation meant it won't connect, so temporarily interleaving is back on so i can connect.

Interleaving is a problem with the way the packets are sent and received. For your info I have 4 other users 2 of which use plusnet on different exchanges, 1 uses Nildram and the last one uses demon, they ALL suffer 30-40ms ping drops in games due to interleaving and maxDSL. The guy at demon went back to ipstream and oh SHOCK horror his ping droppped back down to solid <30ms.
N/A

Good pings

ok ty i ll look at that Smiley

Why do my pings sometimes look ok but the ingame lag is so bad i either cant move or im disconnected from the server due to time outs?

(sorry im a complete technical dunce lol )
N/A

Good pings

this is usually related to packet loss. You can Ping an IP but you can also have packet loss, i.e imagine you send a message 222555444 .....when you ping the start digit and end digit get tracked for a ping for a result(very simplified btw). BUT....with packet loss you can send 222%$$444 so the 3 555s are missing the ping will still look ok but you have dropped packets so important info is lost, in your terms movement of a character for example.

Interleaving exposes this even more as it checks back for the whole string again, so in our example here 555 is missing..fast path cons will just resend 555 i.e the missing packet...interleaving sends the whole string again i.e 222555444...so is slower...there ya go IT for the discerning chapter 1.0 :-)
N/A

Good pings

Ty for your help and patience Smiley