cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming on Plusnet???

N/A

Gaming on Plusnet???

Its impossible.

Plusnet dont care bout customers anymore only bout profits. Thety had over 200k customers about a years ago but now they got 75k!!!! thats shite service if u ask me, and I shud know!

They claim my constant downtime is because of my line/phone/connection etc. but I have a screenshot that proves them wrong. I am connected to my exchange for well over 4hrs, yet am unable to download/browse/game etc!

Leavin PN at end of month so dont care.

Nice management!
31 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Gaming on Plusnet???

Thety had over 200k customers about a years ago but now they got 75k!!!!

Where on earth did you come up with that?
Complain about Plusnet by all means...but stick to the facts will you.

If they only had 75k customers we wouldn't be seeing the problems we are as there would be plenty of bandwidth to go round.
N/A

Gaming on Plusnet???

At least he got something right.

Gaming on Plusnet IS impossible.
OR damn awful.
N/A

Gaming on Plusnet???

i havent seen any problems with gaming, i always have an excellent ping and little to no lag. i guess i'm one of the lucky ones
jrgrahamcov
Grafter

Gaming on Plusnet???

My gaming pings are always low and stable also. I play BF2142 , CS and BF2.
ukpalanga
Grafter

Gaming on Plusnet???

All first person shooters are in good ping for me. But when it comes to RPG's then it's impossible... Guild Wars, WoW, MU Online, EVE Online and my favorite Lineage II, all of those games cannot be played normally.
iainmacmillan
Grafter

Gaming on Plusnet???

i havent seen any problems with gaming, i always have an excellent ping and little to no lag. i guess i'm one of the lucky ones

Same here, works for EVE Online, BF series, COD series, Halo and COH.
Tally
Grafter

Gaming on Plusnet???

I am getting a 40 ping on Call of Duty 2 It used to be higher but upgrading my memory and Graphics card radically reduced my pings from 130 so it might not all be PN that is causing your high pings? I certainly did not expect such an increase when I upgraded but it has remained ever since

(I have 3GB memory and an ATI x 1900 cut down card costing £120 so to me was well worth it I had been running with an ATI x 700 before hand and 512m of memory?)

Hope this might help some of you improve your ping!

Regards

Tally
jrgrahamcov
Grafter

Gaming on Plusnet???

Showing my age a bit here but once I had a voodoo 3 card and after a Counterstrike update my pings went to over 150. It like you ended up being my graphics card that needed upgrading. Once I did this the pings dropped back to normal.
N/A

Gaming on Plusnet???

nah he is right. plusnet have taken a serious nosedive in the last 12 months.

i was experiencing poor gaming, bittorrent at sub 1k/s downloads of less than 10k a sec and a line rate reduced to 1mb

plusnet advised that this was due to low capacity on my exchange.

moved to eclipse yesterday and everything is working fine now!! nuff sed
N/A

Gaming on Plusnet???

Yup.

Now on demon, and my ping has dropped right down, with no disconnects or bad lag.

Thx +net for a gr8 service. NOT
N/A

Gaming on Plusnet???

i play BF2/2142 Pings all under 30, but playing FFXI is Hell!
N/A

Gaming on Plusnet???

dont see what the problem is. i dont get any lag due to the connection, only due to system lag.
_lecro_
Grafter

Gaming on Plusnet???

Well i have had some terrible problems with pings during last year,along with other +net users .
only for shortish periods but problems non the less,
but during the last couple of months +nets been pretty good :shock: did i just say that :shock:

Pity the cgi servers are still sub standard
N/A

Gaming on Plusnet???

I changed to plusnet 1 month ago, and the last week or two my sync rate has dropped, I cant play counter strike source as my ping jumps from low on UK servers or 140's US servers to 600+ and they are blaming BT for a fault on my line at present but we will have to wait and see if it gets better :?: