Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Servers

Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 159

Gaming Servers

Hi everyone,

Here at PN towers we are looking to introduce some gaming servers for customers to play on. At the moment we have an initial list of games but would really like your feedback on what games YOU want to see.

The list so far is:-

- Counter Strike: Source
    - Day of Defeat
    - Americas Army
    - Battlefield 2
    - Battlefield 2142

Are these the kind of games you want to see, if not what would you like to play?

In addition to this how many people would be willing to come visit PN towers if we were to host a LAN party? Nothing definite at the moment, just trying to gauge interest.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
12 REPLIES
p_w_d_stone
Grafter

Gaming Servers

Where will these be hosted- and are these in addition to the current game servers run by customers on PN's behalf?
dkeys
Dabbler

Gaming Servers

For those of you using the existing servers, don't worry! the new severs will be hosted at Internet House 1 and will not affect those we have in place.

Come on gamers we want your feedback!
Firejack
Grafter

Gaming Servers

If you want the servers to be successful you need to get in at the start of brand new games. Creating servers for CounterStrike Source will be very hard to establish a player base as many people will already have their favourite servers.

That being said if you have some people to kick start the server so its not empty it may take off. Currently I have one request for a Day of Defeat Source server which I'll probably setup on one of the Plus.net server sometime soon. Hopefully the guys who want it setup will be able to build some interest in the server and make it a success.

A LAN party is a nice idea. Don't have access to transport myself at the moment but it would be a good idea to get people together to exchange ideas on the upcoming games that may be successful.

Unless the Battlefied 2 server is Ranked you will probably find problems filling it. I setup one of Plus.nets server with the BF2 demo on launch and although it was extremely popular as soon as the full game was released people all left to play on a Ranked server. I tried to get the server Ranked but EA weren't even willing to discuss it they kept pointing me at 'Official Partners' and their overpriced servers Sad

Its a tricky situation to know what to use the servers for. I've found the same problem myself trying to decide what to do with the 2 I'm currently Admin for.
jrgrahamcov
Grafter

Gaming Servers

Very good point, if the BF2 and BF2142 servers are not ranked then very few people will use them. I would try the list you have created to begin with and see what happens.

[Moderator's note by Jonathan (chilllypenguin): There is no need to quote all of the previous post.]
BattleRat
Grafter

Gaming Servers

how about a lag free Enemy Territory server?
p_w_d_stone
Grafter

Gaming Servers

That's something I'd certainly play Cheesy
___oDiN__
Grafter

Gaming Servers

would it be possible for you to host ventrillo/teamspeak servers/services for plusnet customers perhaps offer it to the ones with the higher priced packages if it must be a pay to use service?
cpdixon
Dabbler

Gaming Servers

This is something we are seriously looking into and we can see the need for the teamspeak/ventrillo servers.

This is definately in the pipeline
Couger
Grafter

Gaming Servers

How about a great new HALF LIFE 2 mod called

Insurgency

http://www.insmod.net/

Cheers Cougs
_lecro_
Grafter

Gaming Servers

How about a great new HALF LIFE 2 mod called Insurgency

Good call..
BTW after playing the QW:ET beta for the last few weeks
ive come to the conclusion that it sucks big time
so much so that ive canceled my pre order at play.com
Guess ill be sticking with bf2 for a while yet
:shock:
N/A

Gaming Servers

How about a WoW server? I have seen some other posts here regarding WoW and 25 man raids, TS would make communication much much easier. Is it possible to look into this?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 159

Gaming Servers

Great suggestions everyone, keep em coming!
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff