cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming PC or Xbox 360

N/A

Gaming PC or Xbox 360

I have pre-ordered the xbox 360 but I am having doubts at present. I am finding xbox live a bit boring and with all the Americans playing halo it gets painful at times.

The games I play include pes5 and fifa06 along with other games such as Forza, Star war games e.t.c.

Basically I am seeking advice on which I should go for. My current PC is old and not able to play games but I am thinking of getting a new computer from Mesh or Evesham for around £700. This is a lot more money than a 360 but I will be able to do more with it?

My only concern is using a PC monitor for gaming sitting and playing at a 17 inch PC screen doesn't really compare to a 28 Widescreen.

Please could I have some advice from gamers in here! :?

Thanks all.
17 REPLIES
N/A

Gaming PC or Xbox 360

The good thing about a PC is where the 360 will provide excellent spec gaming for a snapshot in time, the PC can continue to push past it.

I found MS's game catalogue to be a touch boring aside from a few key titles. Then again, you can level the same criticism at the PC too!

I'd personally wait and see what Sony and Nintendo have to offer before heading into next gen territory.

Oh, I got a WICKED PC from www.savastore.co.uk, decent price, great customising options and fantastic specs. Look @ the Aries range. I got a Performa 7250 pro but then got an extra £150 Sapphire X800GTO2 graphics card that handles pretty much everything like a dream.
N/A

Gaming PC or Xbox 360

If you have unlimited funds go for PC gaming. As you will need to constantly upgrade and maintain your PC in order to play the latest games as they are intended.

If you want a stable platform that you wont need to upgrade or patch every 5 seconds then go for a console.

Remember the latest graphics cards often cost more than an entire new console.
Phantom_Flan_Fl
Grafter

Gaming PC or Xbox 360

If you're willing to spend £800 on a comp, then it will probably do you for a good 18 months. After that. you'll be looking to upgrade or you'll probably have to drop the graphics down to make new games playable with a decent FPS.

Saying you'll need to patch a game every 5 seconds is, as you know not true. Yes there will be patches, but then again these often help the gameplay and take the game to new levels.

The good thing with a console is, you plug it in, put the game in and off you go. There's no concerns about compatabilty.

I have no problems sitting in front of a 17" monitor, in the end you're usually sitting quite close to it anyway and it's more than big enough.
N/A

Gaming PC or Xbox 360

Just get both then your mega happy
N/A

Gaming PC or Xbox 360

Thanks for the advice evryone. I have decided to get the xbox 360 in the end. Wink
N/A

Gaming PC or Xbox 360

Yeah i have it on order to i will enjoy it more on there than pc as its overall an easier thing use and overall less money is spent on consoles
N/A

Gaming PC or Xbox 360

Get a ps3 Tongue
N/A

Gaming PC or Xbox 360

was not impressed we ps2 so i doubt the ps3 will impress me. But i will have to wait and see
N/A

Gaming PC or Xbox 360

Yea but the ps2 is nearly 6 years old remember!!
N/A

Gaming PC or Xbox 360

Ah Hate to barge in but can i just say that the Xbox360 is Def Next-Gen!

If you have doubts you should go to the Tour thing, i went to it in glasgow today and was amazed!

Fair enough who knows what it looks like without HDTV but still.

And the games weren't too shabby either Wink
N/A

Gaming PC or Xbox 360

Yeah but i had dreamcast and that impressed me more than ps2. Yeah the 360 will be good just hope lag aint much of an issue as it can be on the xbox 1
Azagoth
Grafter

Gaming PC or Xbox 360

Ah Hate to barge in but can i just say that the Xbox360 is Def Next-Gen!

True, but my gaming PC still blows the Xbox 360 out of the water!

Personaly, I'm waiting for the PS3 to be released, or at least some more concrete info, before I choose which console to buy. Although, it may well end up being the PS3 for me, as I have quite a hefty collection of PS2 games and GT5 is only available on PS3 anyway!
N/A

Gaming PC or Xbox 360

Yeah but i had dreamcast and that impressed me more than ps2.

Im sorry the Dreamcast is nowhere near as good as the PS2, it just didnt have the game title quality or dvd/cd capabilities.

Personaly, I'm waiting for the PS3 to be released, or at least some more concrete info, before I choose which console to buy. Although, it may well end up being the PS3 for me, as I have quite a hefty collection of PS2 games and GT5 is only available on PS3 anyway!

Me too! the games on the PS3 will probably kick ass over the xbox360. Plus the PS3 console looks a whole lot better imho Cool
N/A

Gaming PC or Xbox 360

I think it depends on what you are familiar with I was keen to get a PC but I would miss Xbox lIve. Never did like the playstation and the ps3 looks like a bread bin.

Still wouldn't mind a gaming PC too. Can't be greedy though! Wink