cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Lag on CS servers

N/A

Gaming Lag on CS servers

For the last 3 or so months I have been having problems with lag and long pings on CS servers through PlusNet. I would like to know how many folks have the same problem and how many like me are on the Premium Broadband option which is the option specifically offered for gaming?
I know WoW had some problems, but I am (call me selfish) only curious about CS or HL servers. Plusnet seem to be trying to diagnose my problem on a personal basis, which I know from this forum that there are loads of people having the same problem.
So if people can reply to this then maybe I can point PN at this Counter Strike only topic and they will do something.
If thwy won't then my kids are forcing me to go with someone who offers 8 meg broadband as other friends on even BT Broadband - don't have these problems. This would be unfortunate as I have been with PN since 2000.
Thanks in advance
18 REPLIES
N/A

Gaming Lag on CS servers

Ever since they boosted the priority of gaming traffic, I haven't been troubled by lag anymore (WC3, WoW, CS 1.6 and CS:S).

CS:S pings of 15-16ms inside the UK.

edit. If you give me some servers to test for you, I will Smiley

edit2 - BT has download caps Sad
N/A

Gaming Lag on CS servers

What do you mean BT has download caps?

Also the games are having pikes and lag of about 200+ but it is intermittent. Our son Yann and I both play and it seems worse between 7 and 8pm.
When we get the game list the ping is reported as about 40 (we never choose anyting over 100) but when we are playing it just shoots up.

When did the priortise the gaming traffice, and do you think the got all the correct ports?
Thanks
N/A

Gaming Lag on CS servers

I've had ping spikes since i tested my new PC after Xmas, shooting up to anywhere between 80 and 300ms on CS:S every 3-5 minutes though at first it was doing it every 30secs - 1min!
I'm on 2mb Premier and it was fine last time i played online about a month ago.
My brother who is also on 2mb and on the same exchange doesnt have any problems.
N/A

Gaming Lag on CS servers

aye... Ive been getting these recently to.. I have the 2mg Prem service aswell.. and my pings can go from 50-60 upto 250-300.. (playing stuff like CS.. BF2 and Gunz.)

Very odd.
N/A

Gaming Lag on CS servers

See the Community part of the forum, lots of people reporting speed issues, ping problems and packet loss.
ADSLguide speed test of my 2Mb Premier has come out at 50Kb/s d/l speed! :shock:

Plusnet speedtest is fine though....
N/A

Gaming Lag on CS servers

50Kb!!!

hmm not to good is it..

Thx for the info buddy.. lets hope its fixed soon.. there are people that need fraging Smiley
pebbles
Grafter

Gaming Lag on CS servers

Normally play Day of Defeat (HL Mod) and have only started experiencing problems (major ones) with lag spikes and very high pings since changing to the 2mb premier connection. Am starting to get seriously annoyed with this and it is quite plainly a plusnet problem. If it isn't sorted soon we will definitely be moving ISP as the gaming side is our main reason for connection and its currently unplayable.

Has there been any official response from plusnet regarding this issue which is quite plainly not an individual problem. I also know its not related to the game server(s) as others do not experience the same high pings and lag.
N/A

Gaming Lag on CS servers

I'd like to express my concerns over my recent experiences of ridiculously high ping. Up until three days ago I was playing on any BF2 server with a ping of around 30. Today my Ping shoots well over 200 constantly, no matter what I do. Is there going to be a solution to this? I have the 2MB service and expect to be able to play online.
N/A

Gaming Lag on CS servers

Who knows, seems all the Plusnet engineers are on holiday and nobodies on call....still its only our money. :roll:
N/A

Gaming Lag on CS servers

Hi firecrest85,

Welcome to the forums.

There does appear to be some sort of issue at the moment. Plus Net are aware and once networks return to work in the morning they will take a look and you can rest assured that there will be a solution.
N/A

ping ping ping

I too am experiencing constant high ping whilst playing a popular online game. This is particulary annoying when the service i am paying for assured me that the premier package was ideal for online gaming. I hope plus net can sort this out sooner rather than later as i would be tempted to look elsewhere for an isp.
N/A

Gaming Lag on CS servers

I play Unreal Tournament a fair bit, usually my ping is 20-60, but today ive had anything from 200-2000!! Making it unplayable.

The problem seems to be fixed now though Smiley

Marc
jagger
Grafter

Gaming Lag on CS servers

Mark,

Do you reckon there's a chance that someone from networks can stick their hand up and tell us what the problem was now that it appears to have been sorted.?
N/A

Gaming Lag on CS servers

We are asking the relevant questions within the Usergroup at present. hopefully we'll have answers for you.