Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Issues

JonathanW
Grafter

Gaming Issues

Hi,

As I'm sure some of you are aware we are currently investigating some issues with gaming at the moment. As part of this we would like some volunteers to carry out tests with one of our engineers, which would including us closely examining the traffic flows during gaming. If anyone is available today, between now and 6:30pm, and plays the following games could you either respond here or drop me a PM so that we can arrange something. It would be a bonus, but not essential, if you have access to MSN for communication during the testing.

BF2 - official server
Quake4
BF Vietnam
SOF
FEAR
82 REPLIES
N/A

Gaming Issues

im available from 6 onwards, theres not much point in testing it during the day really as the issues are only really a problem after 4 when your shaping kicks in.

I have quake4, battlefield 2, and UT2004 on my system (ut2004 is also suffering from the issues.)

I'll gladly help you get it sorted from 6 onwards this evening as that's when I get home from work.
N/A

Gaming Issues

Forgot to add that I use msn also when at home.
jagger
Grafter

Gaming Issues

It's still worth testing even when nothing dodgy is happening.

I'll be about after 11 ish,

John you have a PM with my MSN addy.
JonathanW
Grafter

Gaming Issues

Part of this is so that we can look at the traffic that's flowing between the server and client, and is something that we can do at any time, its just easier to do it during the day whilst we are fully staffed.
N/A

Gaming Issues

I understand that, I just thought it would be more beneficial to look at the flow of traffic when the issue is present.

Anyways, my offer is still open from 6pm onwards.
jagger
Grafter

Gaming Issues

xillerator,
I had a massive spike out in BF2 at just gone 1.00 this morning.So it doesn't only happen in peak hours.I'm just getting used to playing BF2 with "there is a problem with your connection" flashing up constantly.

Mind you.I also get packet loss to the portal during the day.
N/A

Gaming Issues

Unreal Tournamnt Original Edition/GOTY is also suffering.

I will be available from 4pm onwards if you need any tests on this.

One point to mention.... why has this only started happenin since Monday? Surely that suggests a major change took place on Monday and can therefore be traced back?

Marc
StuWard
Grafter

Gaming Issues

I was playing Eve the other day with Teamspeak running, i got booted from TS for a huge packet loss, lasted about 30 seconds

I also get booted from Xbox live once every 30 minutes on average
jagger
Grafter

Gaming Issues

marca,

this problem goes back to November for me,ever since I got my 2meg upgrade.
Was rock solid on 512.

And the mass BF2 probs go back to the christmas break.

Jon, I'm up and running on MSN now.Any time you're ready.( I'm a Battlefield 2 problem person)
N/A

Gaming Issues

what about CSS? I've senr several packet captured of my problem so far. Surely you are looking at that too?
JonathanW
Grafter

Gaming Issues

We're looking at all gaming, its just that the above list of games is those that our engineers want to take a close look at right now.
N/A

Gaming Issues

How long till they expand that list then? Just i've been suffering this longer than most. Over 2 months this has been showing up for me, I wish I could be at home to be part of the testing.
tmyles
Grafter

Gaming Issues

Unfortunately I'll not be around till 9:30pm tonight if anyone will be around for testing BF2? Don't get back from work till then Sad
N/A

Gaming Issues

hey john, i appreciate that you and your guys are looking into this and communicating with us. this is the first issue ive had since getting connected and it bodes well to have you being open about it.

ill definately be recommending plus.net to my mate who is shopping around right now.

these things never get said, so i said it, there.

suds