cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Server @ Home

N/A

Game Server @ Home

Hi all I'm just waiting for my ADSL to be activated and I was wondering, Does +net allow me to use my machine as a game server if I want to :?:

I make mods & levels for PC games and I would like to host a server with them on for me and my internet buddies to use.

But I want to check if this is ok with +net first as I've heard that some ISP's dont like it and may disconnect you if you are found doing it.

While I was living with my Dad I had a 600k cable connection with ntl but the upload speed on it was to slow to handle a game server.

Was just wondering about ADSL being any better for net gaming.
8 REPLIES
N/A

Game Server @ Home

The upload speed is still limited on DSL, however, it isn't as bad as cable.

Yes you can host a gameserver on your connection. Proxided you are not running open proxies, or doing anything against the AUP's, then you have have a free reign.
N/A

Game Server @ Home

Ok thanks for that acarr.
N/A

Game Server @ Home

I host a couple of servers on Plusnet connections- If your game is UT - you can get 6 players online with good pings over a 512k
N/A

Game Server @ Home

Yes I play ut 2003.

I make maps for it aswell Cheesy Cheesy
N/A

Game Server @ Home

Well, UT2003's netcode is more efficient than UT's so you probably can stretch it to around 8 or 9 players. They're claiming UT2004's is upto 40% more efficient than UT2003's... In what way though I'm not sure.

BTW I map too, when I'm in the mood Wink.
N/A

Game Server @ Home

What do you think of the upcoming ut 2004 :?:

Can they make anouther sequel and still keep the origionallity of the first and second unreal tournament's :?:

Same here about the mapping Wink
I would make more if I was'nt so lazy :lol:
N/A

Game Server @ Home

I'm excited to try out the new Assault and Onslaught gametypes. The hud looks alot better from what ive glimpsed, and the new weapons sound kick ass Smiley.

Hopefully there should be a demo in the next month or so.
N/A

Game Server @ Home

Yeah, The New Cars Look In It Look Good Aswell.