cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL games to dark on nvidia cards.

N/A

GL games to dark on nvidia cards.

I just got a new geforce 3 but GL games are to dark. I get good frame rates its just a shame i cant see them : ( Anyone know of a fix?
Cheers
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: GL games to dark on nvidia cards.

> I just got a new geforce 3 but GL games are to dark. I get good frame rates its just a shame i cant see them : ( Anyone know of a fix?
> Cheers

try r/click desktop/properties/settings/advanced/nview/device settings/colour correction you can play about with these settings to alter brightness and contrast as well as monitor settings.good luck stevie
--
N/A

> > I just got a new geforce 3 but GL games are to dark. I get good frame rates its just a shame i cant see them : ( Anyone know of a fix?
> > Cheers
>
> try r/click desktop/properties/settings/advanced/nview/device settings/colour correction you can play about with these settings to alter brightness and contrast as well as monitor settings.good luck stevie
>
> --
>

Yeah tried all that but no joy. Thanks
espresso_mick
Grafter

There are usually 'gamma' settings in the video settings for a lot of games. You need to increase this setting.
N/A

> I just got a new geforce 3 but GL games are to dark. I get good frame rates its just a shame i cant see them : ( Anyone know of a fix?
> Cheers

You dont say what system you are running...I am assuming that you are running win/xp and if so this has been known to happen. I used to have this problem and found on most game sites that there is a patch to download or a script to add to the games software that will clear resolve this dark picture syndrome
N/A

Open GL games are frequently darker than Direct 3D, if a lot nicer to look at.

Tweaking the gamma properites in the game is best answer.

If your playing quake 1 (which is far superior to any other) you need to download a separate programme to do it, a lot of games have similar tricks...

> > I just got a new geforce 3 but GL games are to dark. I get good frame rates its just a shame i cant see them : ( Anyone know of a fix?
> > Cheers
>
>
>
> You dont say what system you are running...I am assuming that you are running win/xp and if so this has been known to happen. I used to have this problem and found on most game sites that there is a patch to download or a script to add to the games software that will clear resolve this dark picture syndrome

--
Turtel
http://www.turtels.cjb.net
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I used too have that problem, until I got a decent semi decent monitor - Proview 19inch £150 from PC *spit* World.

Now I have no brightness issues, in any game.
--
ADSL @ 288/576 Self Install
IRC.UTCHAT.COM
Usually in #utgames #utchat #uthelp
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017