cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eldar Scrolls 4

N/A

Eldar Scrolls 4

So whose looking forward to THIS?

I found Morrowind a bit clunky in places, lacking in involving storyline, but loved the massive freedom, the shameful rip off of Howard Shore's LOTR soundtrack ... also the amusing way the ENTIRE world seemed interested in you and wanted to have a natter ("What do you think of our city outlander?", "Under moon and sky, I greet you...").

The stills of the newie look stunning to say the least, I WAS going to get a 360 to play this on, but I recently got a nice 64bit PC with onboard Radeon which should be able to at least do as good a job as onboard 360 chips!
13 REPLIES
N/A

Eldar Scrolls 4

or should I say Elder Scrolls 4!

Just reading up on it now and it looks damn hot. My graphics card falls into the 'low end' bracket.... I seriously need to hit an x800+ to get some juice from the new games!
N/A

Eldar Scrolls 4

Im really looking forward to it what are the requirements. I think my processor will let me down need to upgrde it. Have you seen a release date for it.

I goto www.elderscrolls.com but they take ages to updat there site, the pics on there are great the idea with the AI sounds cool........curious can u go horse back in it that wuld be cool.
N/A

Eldar Scrolls 4

Amazon say 25th Nov. I'll trust that I think. Looking forward to seeing Patrick Stewart and Sean Bean in action!

THIS is the rather helpful thread about Oblivion and your PC's chances of running it:

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=171914

V handy.

I live up to everything aside from graphics card I reckon.
N/A

Eldar Scrolls 4

Thanks for the link...Not looking to bad for me I have got an athlon xp 3000+ , 1.5 gig of ram and a Geforce 6800 ultra 256Mb.....I think I will still update my processor though.

I downloaded a demo of F.E.A.R the other day it runs like a dream.On my friends comp who has got 2 geforce 6800 ultras and an amd 4000 64bit with 2 gig of ram and its a bit laggy.

Just shows you dont always need a fantastic comp to run games great..I think his comp just needs fine tuning at it would walk all over mine again ohhh well

25th november cant wait its a shame my birthday is almost 2 weeks before i will have to buy it myself now
N/A

Eldar Scrolls 4

Apparently (according to the bods on there) its better to have one really nice GC than have two good ones working in tandem. I just need to get that x800GTO and I'm sorted ... I'll be middle of the High End there. Certainly good enough to play any of the games to date. I can also stop my onboard ATi leeching 128mb of my RAM. Luckily, my onboard graphics is allegedly one of the good ones.

Running at:

3000+ AMD 64 Newcastle 754
320GB SATA Raid
x300SE ATi onboard
1024MB Ram (although in reality ... its 896MB at the moment)

Once I've got that graphics card... I'll be good for a while yet! Won't really have to upgrade for a bit ... can sit around until some rocking 939 motherboards and chips float down in price.

I'd been looking at screenshots of Age Of Empires 3, it was looking AMAZING. Something to really show off the detail of a PC ... but a mate has had a blast and says the AI is really iffy and people can shoot through walls and the like. Shame.

Just got FarCry off a mate... think this one will be running on Medium!

My birthday on Monday... I got an expresso maker though. Don't think thats PCI-Express compatible.

Sad
N/A

Eldar Scrolls 4

Aint this comming to the xbox 360 Huh?
N/A

Eldar Scrolls 4

True... but I'm going to be £100 away from a flying PC so will like to have it one something thats better than the 360 spec!
N/A

Eldar Scrolls 4

well not many pcs are better than the pc spec. Unless your new pc has a tripe core processor it wont be. But i no what you mean
N/A

Eldar Scrolls 4

I got demo of ages of empire 3 I was hooked on it for 3 days.

My friend bought far cry insticts the other day made me want to play the pc one again.pc one has nicer colours and enemies seem to have more brains too.

Do you think the 360 is all its cracked up to be...screen shots for oblivion still look a lot better on pc..im not a consol person myself I enjoy upgrading my comp to much
N/A

Eldar Scrolls 4

Instincts got the general rating (aside from hype merchants) of not being as good as Halo 2. I love Halo 2, just about the best FPS I've played in ages! Not got anything beefy enough for Half Life 2 yet (although I'm going to give FarCry a go).

Oblivion doesn't appear to have the same level of detail on 360 as it does on PC but thats to be expected. It'll still do a sterling job though!

The 360 will only be as good as its games, and aside from a couple of A Class titles on the original Xbox, I found that there wasn't too much out there that was interesting. In comparison, I found the PS2 kept chucking out interesting titles. Will be interesting to see what happens when all 3 consoles hit the market finally.

I'll put it this way... I'd rather have a PSP right now than a 360.

My mate tried Age Of Empires 3 out ... he rated it 'average' Sad said there was loads of odd stuff like people being able to shoot through walls and iffy AI. Hope the big up release is good though, VERY nice looking game.
N/A

Eldar Scrolls 4

You rather have a psp than a 360 glad i aint you lol. Nar handhelds arent to good i dont think
N/A

Eldar Scrolls 4

I have hefty train journeys and tram journeys to contend with in my new job from next week on. If I could lug a 360/power generator/LCD TV around with me, I MAY consider it, but I'll stick with the PSP for now!

Tell you what, post launch game releases have been a bit disappointing though. Not a hell of alot has come out on the machine since release. GTA to look forward to but thats about it.

Nah, aside from Elder Scrolls, not too much on the 360 launch lineup to tempt me as of yet. I get the feeling that Perfect Dark 0 will turn out to be an 'alright' shooter at best. Halo 3 would certainly tempt. There is the question of Half Life 2 but as with Elder Scrolls, I think I'll experience that on PC.

Ah, there is ONE game, something being knocked up by an ex-Squaresoft bod. I can't resist a good Jap RPG. Plus the guys behind Shenmue are coming out with something too.
N/A

Eldar Scrolls 4

Quake 4 is looking good too. Thats also on pc and 360. Just hope the online is better for the 360 more like the pc online.