cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVE online disconnects cost me over 300 mil in isk

Damfoose
Grafter

I understand that their are some problems on the gaming side of the service.

Please fix it fast I got blown up last night because I got disconnected from the EVE server yet again and I lost my RAVEN which took me ages to save up for ..... Cost of ship 120,000,000 ISK yep that one hundred and twenty million ISK not forgetting the other 200,000,000 kit that was on it .
Now a quick check at ebay and youll notice people selling ISK by the 100,000,000 ( one hundred million ) for aprox £16 so loosing what I did because of a few disconnects lost me " pound short of £50 if I had of payed for the ISK but it took me a months worth of mining to generate the cash needed to buy the ship and I dont know how many missions to find some of the kit as well as buying it . Im generally not happy as its going to now take me another month to regen enough to buy all my stuff again......

It is so very frustrating to loose so much after so long when you cant do anything to fight back because you get game dissconects.
12 REPLIES
N/A

I second this man! After 4pm, playing EVE is disconnect city.

I can only assume its your traffic shaping doing this.
N/A

Hi there,

The BF2 thread in Community Support might be worth a look.

There are a couple of links in there and some info which may be of interest.

Might be better adding your comments and outlining your issues in there with some tracerts etc, where possible.

The PN UserGroup would also be interested in hearing your comments.
iainmacmillan
Grafter

the EVE discos are not only due to PN issues........the new cluster was working fine until the Bloodline patch. Now everything is fubar'ed.

As for losing your ship -- all you need to do is petition when the disco happened (they can tell if it was intentional user or server side) and then mention the items you lost as well as the ship. You should get most of it back, and minus any insurance ISK you got.

Kepp on top of them, every few weeks. They are swamped just now, so it may take a while......but don't let it slip.
N/A

Re: EVE online disconnects cost me over 300 mil in isk

I understand that their are some problems on the gaming side of the service.

Please fix it fast I got blown up last night because I got disconnected from the EVE server yet again and I lost my RAVEN which took me ages to save up for ..... Cost of ship 120,000,000 ISK yep that one hundred and twenty million ISK not forgetting the other 200,000,000 kit that was on it .
Now a quick check at ebay and youll notice people selling ISK by the 100,000,000 ( one hundred million ) for aprox £16 so loosing what I did because of a few disconnects lost me " pound short of £50 if I had of payed for the ISK but it took me a months worth of mining to generate the cash needed to buy the ship and I dont know how many missions to find some of the kit as well as buying it . Im generally not happy as its going to now take me another month to regen enough to buy all my stuff again......

It is so very frustrating to loose so much after so long when you cant do anything to fight back because you get game dissconects.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Are you serious, your getting mardy because you lost some virtual stuff Smiley ROFL
N/A

Not so much the "virtual items" but the time spent to get those items, same thing as your laptop going bang after you spent a week writing something from scratch.

All these games are designed around effort = reward, if thats what turns you on then so be it.

If you cant understand what makes some ppl tick you shouldnt come on and post stupid comments sybaris.
N/A

Thats funny i was under the impression that games were by design supposed to be fun. From what i can glean this is more like work, Put the effort into real life instead of spending months gathering ISK while your skin goes see through due to lack of sunlight and you may feel better.

I still think its ridiculous :lol: :lol:
N/A

Your entilted to your opinion, he's entitled to his, I am sure there is something that you do with your life that he and maybe the rest of us would find ridiculous.

Maybe coming onto forums and ridiculing ppl you dont know for no real reason ?
N/A

LEEEEEROYYYY JENKINNNNS!!!
N/A

You know leeroys made a fortune, he even appeared on a US TV game show.
N/A

TBH, I'm not convinced that Plusnet is the issue when talking about EVE disconnects. I notice that the majority of my corporation suffer a lot more disconnects than I do and it is well documented that the EVE client software suffers from a number of issues including Memory allocation & leakage.

Since EVE is such a complex environment (technically, not just the game itself), I'd hesitate to blame any single component before I was sure.

Get some information, diagnose the problem, make sure you monitor your memory usage and the allocation to the EVE client and determine if other people are experiencing the disconnects, then blame your ISP - not before.
N/A

only disconnects i've ever experienced with EVE is when TQ itself is fubared, other than that i've always had less than a 20ms responce time to TQ. It was severly messed after the blood patch, but seems a bitty better atm.
iainmacmillan
Grafter

Yeah its been great of late, but with Wed 10th May database server upgrade, i'm going to learn a loooong skill. I know how messy server replacements can be, even when planned down to the last nano detail.......old Murphy drops in for a visit, and before you know it, it's 2am, out of Irn Bru, hungry and you find yourself in the building all alone......oops i digress.