cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have any problems with Counter Strike at all ?

N/A

anyone who plays HalfLife Counter-Strike having problem please let me know Smiley
34 REPLIES
N/A

What kind of problems? If you mean latency or high ping then its down the current latency on the plusnet network.
sputty
Grafter

Nothing but trouble atm tbh, Loads of Choke, Packet loss, about 10-20ms more latency and is generally useless trying to game.!! Evil

My stats have dropped on my server from Pos 5 to Pos 357!! cause I cant hit anything quick enough. Shockedops:

Is that what you was looking for? cause if you know how to fix this Im listening, ive tried everything I know, I beginning to blame PlusNet (Never done that before!) as none PN customers are having any problems.
N/A

Counter Strike Source was terrible for me. Havent played in months, laggy as hell. Then when i do boot it up again it just shuts off. People complain about plusnet alot and all but damn, just be greatful you don't have valve running it.
N/A

Steam and the Source games (DoD, CS:S & Goldeneye Source) are flawless for me. Apart from an update a while back which caused the framerate to drop to near zero whenever someone came on my screen or fired. Nice.
Luckily that one was unwound a while back. I thought I had corrupt RAM for a bit!
N/A

Nothing but trouble atm tbh, Loads of Choke, Packet loss, about 10-20ms more latency and is generally useless trying to game.!! Evil

My stats have dropped on my server from Pos 5 to Pos 357!! cause I cant hit anything quick enough. Shockedops:

Is that what you was looking for? cause if you know how to fix this Im listening, ive tried everything I know, I beginning to blame PlusNet (Never done that before!) as none PN customers are having any problems.

I have exactly the same problem! Time to leave PlusNet me thinks!
N/A

Same here
N/A

Im getting problems with ping. I get massive lag spikes that freeze counterstrike (ping = 12000ms), then if you leave it long enough it will return to a half decent ping. It seems to do this alot no and it doesnt really matter what time you try to use the internet.

I have ping and tracert the servers I have been connecting to and some of the hop show pings of 100-130ms each, i think this maybe the problem!
N/A

Long Grass issue

However PlusNet staff don't seems to care and take no action to improve it, when I post an action ticket and said this

We are aware of an issue that is affecting gamers, and are looking into the causes of this.
If this issue is having a knock on effect to your uploads, I appoloiges, but as prevoiusly stated, cannot see your connection being managed.

Bah Bah Bah
N/A

There is and has been a general issue with latency on some of the gateways for a while.

This is being investigated but info is a little scarce tbh. The CSC agent is correct in that its not management of your account which is the cause, if only it were that simple.

What ever is causing the latency, seems to be an unknown, or at least undisclosed quantity at the moment.
N/A

I have been with my ping and latency problem for a few months, I have even upgraded to the 30:1 contention in a last ditch attempt for normality. We spend our hard earned cash and deserve the connection we pay for!

When I perform trace routes to game servers it is the first few hops that have the most lag (AG1 or AG2)... You guys should look at the gateways and run tests etc.
N/A

I specifically chose the Pay as you go option to get 30:1 contention for playing games such as CS:S and have no problems (touch wood).

Initially there were some background tasks in windows which were eating up bandwidth but now I have shut all them down I get a ping of around 30-40 sometimes even as low as 20ish.

I am still crap right enough, but dont have an excuse.
N/A

crappy line

i got upgraded to the "8mb" line and since then my ping is 2-3 times bigger than before and i can feel a slight lag to it not to mention that every time some1 shoots me i move 3feet backwards so its quite anoying when i move behind a box etc then get moved back out in complete view of my opponent :@

by the way i play 1.6, not tried any other games since my "upgrade"
sputty
Grafter

Well I don't know what’s going on but pings are horrendous at the moment for me 47+ to any UK server which is very pants indeed, not raised a ticket though because my migration should be completed on Monday.

My pings always used to be on average 18ms (lowest 12ms) to the majority of UK servers, but that was pre December last year [sigh] and things are getting worse by the day.

And before I get one of you people who like to say have you checked this and have you checked that:-

No I haven’t been MaxDSL’d
Yes I have checked using the BT speed tester (Near perfect)
I have checked my equipment (I’ve used a different router)
Its not an Exchange problem as my neighbour is getting wonderful 15ms Pings to the same servers, with his provider (Soon to be mine – on Monday)
And yes I do think its PN…

JV
jagger
Grafter

Try L8NC then.

Can help pinpoint the problem.