cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone ever use the TFC servers?

N/A

Are the TFC servers permanently down? It would be nice to add a couple of decent UK based servers to the 'community'. Especially if loyal plusnet subscribers could get admin rights Wink
7 REPLIES
jberry
Grafter

They are not installed at the moment - something I have been meaning to get around to. I was only going to put the Hunted Only server back up because of the lack of demand for another generic TFC srever.

I would use the post at the top of this forum for a comprehensive list of the servers that we currently have active.

Regards,
N/A

The plusnet servers wont be using steam eitehr will they?Huh
jberry
Grafter

I don't know really. We have one steam and one not steam for CS but I am only going to put up a single TFC server I think (probably hunted only as well). I don't play TFC so don't really know whether it is worth putting steam on or not.

Regards,
N/A

If you're gonna do it at all it should be a Steam server, as Valve have said that the WON system will be shut down before too long (they said the end of summer, but you can never be sure which summer with Valve :roll: ).
How about a Well.bsp 24/7 server? There's a Jolt one at the moment but it's always full, so another UK based Well server would be popular I reckon. Hunted tends to get a bit boring quite quickly as you need a decent 'hunted' for the map to work. You need a simple map like Well if you're gonna run it without admin imho.
jberry
Grafter

Hi there,

We do vaguely have an admin for the CS servers although they are not as proactive as they could be so I will definately consider this. What is the IP address of the jolt server so I can give it a bash and see what the crack is.

Regards,
N/A

this is the ip of the jolt well 24/7 server 213.208.119.131:27035 it's a pretty standard public server.
N/A

i would be an Admin for a TFC server. Im nearly always around

There are some good tricks on some of the servers. For example, if you type
!admin, any admins in a specific channel in mIRC will be paged, so they can come to the server and kick and cheats.

If you need to talk "face to face" ill be in IRC channel #tlo4ever on Quakenet.org. Just PM TLO-Snake