cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Anyone Use The PSP Download Store?

Community Veteran

Please can someone help with the following ... ??

I'm trying to download a couple of game demos from the PSP Download Store (LocoRoco Christmas demo and Ridge Racer 2 demo). I'm getting as far as the "My Downloads" tab at which point I am prompted to install the unsigned ActiveX control "downloadapplet/". Not surprisingly, IE7 is blocking this but even when I change my Internet permissions to temporarily allow it to be installed, I still can't get the files to download - I get a blank grey bordered box appearing and then nothing further happens.

Has anyone else encountered this and found a way to make it work?

Thanks - Bob
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I've figured it out if anyone else is interested. I needed to update my version of the Java (J2SE) Runtime Environment to Version 5, Update 10 (was previously on Version 5, Update 9). Works perfectly now.

Bob
clockley
Grafter

Are you using the PSP to download? I have used it to download the Ridge Racer demo, and as long as I have space on my memory card, it works just fine?

It does sound like you are downloading to a PC, is this right?

Carl
Community Veteran

Yes I was downloading to the PC and then copying to the PSP via USB. We don't have wireless so I can't download straight to the PSP.

Bob
clockley
Grafter

Is it possible to just save the file as a file, rather than opening it through the PC? I use wireless, and the process is that the file is saved straight to the PSP memory card, so this might be why?

Once again, hope this helps.

Carl L
Community Veteran

Carl, as I said in my second post, I did get it to work by updating the version of Java on my PC.

Thanks for the input though - Bob
clockley
Grafter

Sorry, end of the day and completely missed it.

Glad it's sorted for you.

Carl Lockley