cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgusted with online gaming through plusnet.

N/A

I seem to be the same as many other members here, initially everything was great, I got very low pings and online gameplay was great 100% of the time but since early december that all changed. It is now a total gamble as to whether I am going to be able to play counterstrike at all (never mind have a bad ping).

I work all day and come home for a game at around 7 (peak time) only to find I get the dreaded 'cl_flushentity packet' error.

A lot of other members have raised this same issue to be told that plusnet were aware of the problem and were fixing it, as a result I decided to leave it for a while but this is rediculous.

When I signed up to broadband I said that I would be mostly gaming on it and I was reassured that plusnet was the best choice.

It seems to me that plusnet are overloading and in turn are sacrificing customer satisfaction for profit.

I apologise if I seem a bit hotheaded but I have just had to pull out of a clanmatch due to the lag. Grant it the issue has improved slightly over the last few months but it still needs a lot of work.

Can any plusnet staff member staff shed some light on this situation and give us some confidence about how the issue is going to be addressed?

Thanks
26 REPLIES
N/A

I am the same....i have wasted numerous hours on there crappy 08451 number and are just plain bored.

I joined this service provider expecting the same thing...and all i am getting is hastle.

It seems unless you have a wad of cash in you're hand or such like that they are just not bothered.

I am sitting here now and resulting to surfing the web as all games i play currently have a ping of 150+.....this sucks ass big time.

SORT IT OUT...or yet again i will hop ISP and take ALL my friends with me to carry on for the search of a "better ISP".

Peace
N/A

My lag problem started yesterday, yet again. Counterstrike servers pinging in at 200 and trying to play world of warcraft is like running through treacle.
N/A

Pings here tonight FIVE times the normal ping when the network is behaving.

Another night of unplayability.
Phantom_Flan_Fl
Grafter

Euro pings around 130 for me on Americas Army.
N/A

I have been complaining about lack of reliability on Plus net for some months now. Last night again I was refused entry to my community server due to it being " for low ping players only". Why am I paying for a service I can't use. What about a refund then Plus net?? You take my money every month for a service I dont get. You have very little time left before I and from the sound of it many other gamers are going to desert you. You have been warned. Evil
N/A

Last update on ADSL side....22/2/06......so when are we gonna find out when things are gunna be sorted...as i said i won't stay much longer.
N/A

Same again tonight, terrible lag with a 200 ping on ventrilo : / and timing out on counterstrike servers. Reconnecting a few times seemed to make a difference but only for a few hours.
N/A

Since the new year I have had nothing but problems on and off with high pings... i'm gonna request my mac key and get outta here... Nildram here I come methinks. Such a shame after 1.5yrs of good service.

Marc
N/A

Tracing route to unassigned [217.64.127.75]

over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 * * * Request timed out.

2 140 ms 131 ms 131 ms lo0-plusnet.pte-ag1.plus.net [195.166.128.64]

3 137 ms 143 ms 143 ms ge0-0-0-403.pte-gw2.plus.net [84.92.4.2]

4 156 ms 155 ms 190 ms ge0-0-0-22.ptn-gw1.plus.net [212.159.4.1]

5 143 ms 143 ms 155 ms gi1-1-22.ptn-gw5.plus.net [212.159.4.6]

6 145 ms 167 ms 152 ms lonap1.enta.net [193.203.5.134]

7 136 ms 143 ms 143 ms enta.mer.as35751.net [84.45.244.22]

8 150 ms 155 ms 155 ms unassigned [217.64.127.75]

Trace complete.

This is my traceroute to our CS server, proper crap. Missing my match tonight grrrr please fix it.
N/A

does plusnet support udp? only asking as struggling to setup an old skool quakeworld server over the net despite setting the ports correctly in my router.
N/A

yeah im having same high ping problems during peak times (6pm-12am roughly) too, whats the use of having adsl for games if you cant use it. If this problem keeps happening then ill have to look for a new IP, im sure many pople feel the same.
N/A

Alot of the problems everyone is getting is not allways from the isp but from the game servers people are connecting too. I use band of beavers servers playing Dod:s and i get no problems, latency, fps, ping are all good and have been good for along time including when they were on 1.3. The only time i had problems was when updates on source were causing problems. I get lag problems on another server running Dod:s which is really bad and stops you playing, but that is bacause on their servers they are using modded version of Dod and they are bassed in calafornia in a bad datacentre, you will find that the problems with various games online can be caused by routing problems from server to server...... I use Cs aswell and dont seem to have problems from about 17:00 to 12:00pm all seem to be ok and have been ok for ages.... but i am on premier 2mb thoe...... :?
N/A

i get disconnects due to lag, high pings.
totally unplayable since the last three months.

i too am on premier.

whats amazing is the speed tests come back goo when im experiencing these difficulties......weiiiiiiiird!!!!!!
N/A

I`m glad i`m not the only ones noticing pings forever increasing, i came to plusnet for the so called better service but i think judging by the increasingly slower speeds i`ll have to return to AOL where my ping was like 52 on a bad day for battlefield 2.