cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct IP gaming

N/A

Direct IP gaming

Hello,

I'm new to online gaming and would like some help please. I want to play FIFA 2002 on-line, but am able to use my IP address to “Host” the game and have someone “connect” to me using my IP address. It seems I can only connect to them using their IP address. This will probably be the same for all direct IP games, not just FIFA 2002.

I have a D-link DSL 504 router with firewall enabled.

Please help,

Nick Clubman.
2 REPLIES
jberry
Grafter

RE: Direct IP gaming

Hi Nick,

> I want to play FIFA 2002 on-line, but am able to use my IP address to “Host” the game and have someone “connect” to me using my IP address. It seems I can only connect to them using their IP address.

The reason for this is probably that you are connected through your router, and therefore using a NAT connection.

This means that the person is trying to connect to your router rather that to your computer. The usual fix for this is to find out what ports the game uses and then forward these onto your machine internally.

I do not know what you should do for FIFA specifically but I have had this working with other direct IP games.

Regards
Josh
PlusNet Customer Support
N/A

Direct IP gaming

Yeah prob connecting through a router as i had same prob trying to run some game servers and a ftp but all sorted now thanx to the support team here :-)