cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dedicated Server (counterstrike)

N/A

Dedicated Server (counterstrike)

Hi everyone. While waiting for my adsl to become active i've been pondering on what to do when i get it.

I have 2 computers in a LAN, and when i get adsl i want to setup 1 computer as a cs dedicated server. However, i also want to play in my own server. Would i be able to connect to the server through my lan connection on the other computer ? or would i need to use my 56k modem and dial up to it (i don't want to do this as it will cost me money)

Any feedback would be appreciated.
--
The wise man mocks the mocked, The mocked man mocks the mocker.....
2 REPLIES
jberry
Grafter

RE: Dedicated Server (counterstrike)

> I have 2 computers in a LAN, and when i get adsl i want to setup 1 computer as a cs dedicated server. However, i also want to play in my own server. Would i be able to connect to the server through my lan connection on the other computer ? or would i need to use my 56k modem and dial up to it (i don't want to do this as it will cost me money)

Hi there,

You will have no problems doing this, I know from experience that it can be done fairly easily.

When you select the server in CS you just select your external IP address as the server and away you go.... with a ping of 0 in most cases Cheesy

HTH

Josh
--
| Josh Berry.......................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support.......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +
N/A

RE: Dedicated Server (counterstrike)

>> .... with a ping of 0 in most cases Cheesy

0 you say? .

Thankyou God for you have answered my prayers... it felt like i was dialing up from Mars with ping i used to get with my 56k..

I'm now very happy Smiley cheers josh

--
The wise man mocks the mocked, The mocked man mocks the mocker.....