cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CounterStrike: Dedicated win32 Server

N/A

CounterStrike: Dedicated win32 Server

I'm running a Dedicated counterstrike server, and everything seems to be going fine until a lot of people join the server, then everyones ping increases. I know that having a lot of people playing will take up my bandwidth, and the more people that enter, the less bandwidth i'll have.I have recently heard of a program called "ping booster" which is supposed to help reduce pings on the server.

I was going to get it until i saw it was for Linux only Sad

Does anyone know of any software for reducing clients pings on win32 servers ? (HLDS)

also..... i have 394Mb of ram, 1gig processor for my server , will this be adequate ?
--
The wise man mocks the mocked, The mocked man mocks the mocker.....
1 REPLY
N/A

RE: CounterStrike: Dedicated win32 Server

> I'm running a Dedicated counterstrike server, and everything seems to be going fine until a lot of people join the server, then everyones ping increases.

This is due to the bandwidth required for each connection, basically your upstream bandwidth saturates which means that tcp acknowledge packets get delayed, hence the ping time increase, you can adjust the settings for this in order to allow for more connections (or a better connection for those that are connected) but I cannot remember which setting you need.

Try searching on google or www.planethalflife.com

Regards,
Duncan.