cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection problems, playing World of Warcraft, coincidence?

N/A

I'm starting to get paranoid now... Two weeks ago I was playing this game almost daily for several hour stretches and no problems. Then last week I was at a different address, also with a plusnet connection, and constantly got disconnections. I figured it's most likely a problem with the connection, but when it happened I was playing WoW. Since then, I have come back to where I was two weeks ago and am now experiencing what appears to be the same problem that I had at the different address. - Loading up WoW disconnects my connection after anywhere between 5 secs and 5 hours of playing... but is it just me?

Could someone tell me if they have had or are having connection drops whilst playing WoW and if so whether they have managed to fix it?

Thanks in advance
2 REPLIES
N/A

i had a similar problem, connection is fine then BAM! in the middle of a fight connection goes down, and green light starts flashing, i was like omg, its been doing similar things recently aswell just not always on world of warcraft
N/A

I've reconfigured my router here, and so far so good, fingers crossed. I followed the helpful information on the WoW site and technical forums on setting up my router for port forwarding... when I get back to my other address with a plusnet connection I will set that router up as well (a different one to what I have here), and will report back as to whether it works or not.