cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to games on kali?(routers and firewalls??)

N/A

Hi, ive been playing online games for quite awhile now and mostly use All seeing eye. However, my brother mentioned a program called Kali which fools the internet into thinking its on a LAN. My brother can connect and host games fine on Kali, but whenever i try it says connection timed out and that i may be firewalled or be behind a NAT router.

Im a bit new when it comes to this sort of stuff, but i am pretty sure i dont have a firewall (the windows xp firewall isnt checked) installed and i have no other firewall software installed on my pc.

I am unsure about the NAT router and whether i am using one, can anyone help me?? i played around with my LAN settings and it says all my ports are open, but again this is something i am completely unsure of. What i do know is that i never have problems connecting to other servers on ASE and in general, but most of the time i cant host a game

Please can someone help, thanks v.much
4 REPLIES
N/A

well john essex, the reason i posted in both forums is because i didnt know what heading it should come under, i know you guys are hell bent on your rules, but i thought it wouldnt harm anything if i posted twice. However this has had the opposite effect, you seem to be more worried about whether i have posted twice in my indecision than helping me out.

Do you have any knowledge of routers and firewalls that you can help me out withHuh?Huh
Community Veteran

There is no excuse for posting the same article on more than one thread.
Please read the rules for using these forums before you post.
All users can read all threads so wherever you post it will get spotted by someone who may be able to help.

Posting it in two places just leads to confusion when you people dont know whats gone on before with other replies.

You are fortunate that I have actually left the other thread in place so you do have a chance of somone seeing it and looking for this one.
What I should have done according to our Moderating rules was to delete it and leave you a bright red ticking off in your post here.
I tried to spare you that but you dont seem to appreciate that fact.

And no I don't know anything about the program Kali that you mention.
N/A

spearroad1a,

firstly please ensure you have a software firewall on your machine, whether that be XP Firewall or better still another. It won't affect your game play and will save yourself and everyone else on PN a lot of headache if for some reason you get a virus/trojan or spyware.

It's most likely if your using a router, that it has a NAT based firewall at the very least. In which case you will need to port forward or create firewall rules to allow this program to operate.

I've not heard of this program either.
jberry
Grafter

KALI is an IPX emulator program that allows you to play games that only support LAN play over the internet. It does require you to port forward on your router, one port for each person in your house playing.

Although I have never used KALI, remember that google is your friend:

http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_files/n100495.asp

There is a listing for KALI here.