Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you start running a C&C Renegade dedicated (unmanage

N/A

Can you start running a C&C Renegade dedicated (unmanage

Heres a direct link to the dedicated server you need to download and run:

ftp://ftp.westwood.com/pub/renegade/updates/RenegadeFDS_1030.exe

I can't see why it hasn't been done yet (when I did ask about this a few weeks ago), all you have to do is download, install and run this and let it use the default settings and rules for the server which are usually fine for most games.

Could even set a password so only ADSL PlusNet users can use the server and people we inadvertently share the password with? This would keep people with high-speed connections on the server and no laggy 56k connections for best gameplay.

I play this game a lot as do other people i know with Broadband and most european servers are usually full.

Last i heard, they're should be no problem to get this running, i just want to know when you intend to sort it all out. After all,"dedicated games servers" is just one of the varied reasons i chose PlusNET!
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Can you start running a C&C Renegade dedicated (unma

Hi Spencer,

I believe +NET use linux servers and as such, that server you have specified would not run Smiley

Don't know if they have a linux version of the server, I would be very surprised if they didn't.

Now, what we need here is a Medal of Honour server as well Smiley lol

Regards
Chris

> Heres a direct link to the dedicated server you need to download and run:
>
> ftp://ftp.westwood.com/pub/renegade/updates/RenegadeFDS_1030.exe
>
> I can't see why it hasn't been done yet (when I did ask about this a few weeks ago), all you have to do is download, install and run this and let it use the default settings and rules for the server which are usually fine for most games.
>
> Could even set a password so only ADSL PlusNet users can use the server and people we inadvertently share the password with? This would keep people with high-speed connections on the server and no laggy 56k connections for best gameplay.
>
> I play this game a lot as do other people i know with Broadband and most european servers are usually full.
>
> Last i heard, they're should be no problem to get this running, i just want to know when you intend to sort it all out. After all,"dedicated games servers" is just one of the varied reasons i chose PlusNET!

N/A

> Could even set a password so only ADSL PlusNet users can use the server and people we inadvertently share the password with? This would keep people with high-speed connections on the server and no laggy 56k connections for best gameplay.

Yeah nice idea, lets have more elitism in the ISP. Good to see you thinking, even if it is to the detriment of other people who pay for a +net connection.

As for inadvertent password sharing, what a load of rubbish. You're going to accidentally give out a password? That's not going to take long before everyone hears about it. Face it kid, the internet is for all users not just the ones who are lucky to have a fast connection, and +net are paid for by all.

How about you set up your own game and let your friends play on it, or can't you figure out how to host?
N/A

> > Could even set a password so only ADSL PlusNet users can use the server and people we inadvertently share the password with? This would keep people with high-speed connections on the server and no laggy 56k connections for best gameplay.
>
> Yeah nice idea, lets have more elitism in the ISP. Good to see you thinking, even if it is to the detriment of other people who pay for a +net connection.
>
> As for inadvertent password sharing, what a load of rubbish. You're going to accidentally give out a password? That's not going to take long before everyone hears about it. Face it kid, the internet is for all users not just the ones who are lucky to have a fast connection, and +net are paid for by all.
>
> How about you set up your own game and let your friends play on it, or can't you figure out how to host?

Don't patronize me boy, I'm complaining that Plusnet can't set up dedicated games servers that i'm meant to be paying for.

And as for why I suggested a password for ADSL users, i meant for in general to anyone with a fast connection as lagging connections can ruin the game for everyone.

It doesn't matter whether you have ADSL or VDSL, the internet still needs dedicated servers because its not exactly up to scratch like a LAN.

I'm also annoyed that plusnet doesn't seem to give a **** about adsl users that play games that want another dedicated server on the web running their favourite games.

Also, it doesn't take much effort to put them up on their existing dedicated servers it requires no configuring.

I find it rather odd that the current game servers they have, have zero gamers using them last time i checked.
N/A

>
> Don't patronize me boy, I'm complaining that Plusnet can't set up dedicated games servers that i'm meant to be paying for.

Ah, so you're saying Plusnet deliberately sold you an ADSL connection for gaming, but won't deliver?

Well why didn't you check on this before you signed on the dotted line? Or maybe you're just pissed because they give you the cheapest ADSL connection but won't just run it the way you want.

> And as for why I suggested a password for ADSL users, i meant for in general to anyone with a fast connection as lagging connections can ruin the game for everyone.

Again, how can you stop slower connections getting a hold of the password?

> It doesn't matter whether you have ADSL or VDSL, the internet still needs dedicated servers because its not exactly up to scratch like a LAN.
>
> I'm also annoyed that plusnet doesn't seem to give a **** about adsl users that play games that want another dedicated server on the web running their favourite games.

Did you specify that you wanted to play these games when you joined your ADSL service?

> Also, it doesn't take much effort to put them up on their existing dedicated servers it requires no configuring.
>
> I find it rather odd that the current game servers they have, have zero gamers using them last time i checked.

So get other people using the fast connections to lobby them, and maybe if there is enough demand yuo may get a result.

As for patronising you, if you thought through your arguments first, then people wouldn't pick holes in them. :cheese:
N/A

>
> Don't patronize me boy, I'm complaining that Plusnet can't set up dedicated games servers that i'm meant to be paying for.

Ah, so you're saying Plusnet deliberately sold you an ADSL connection for gaming, but won't deliver?

Well why didn't you check on this before you signed on the dotted line? Or maybe you're just pissed because they give you the cheapest ADSL connection but won't just run it the way you want.

> And as for why I suggested a password for ADSL users, i meant for in general to anyone with a fast connection as lagging connections can ruin the game for everyone.

Again, how can you stop slower connections getting a hold of the password?

> It doesn't matter whether you have ADSL or VDSL, the internet still needs dedicated servers because its not exactly up to scratch like a LAN.
>
> I'm also annoyed that plusnet doesn't seem to give a **** about adsl users that play games that want another dedicated server on the web running their favourite games.

Did you specify that you wanted to play these games when you joined your ADSL service?

> Also, it doesn't take much effort to put them up on their existing dedicated servers it requires no configuring.
>
> I find it rather odd that the current game servers they have, have zero gamers using them last time i checked.

So get other people using the fast connections to lobby them, and maybe if there is enough demand you may get a result.

As for patronising you, if you thought through your arguments first, then people wouldn't pick holes in them. :cheese: