Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battlefield 2142

ampdef
Grafter

Battlefield 2142

Hi,

Can anyone help?? I have for last 5 days been trying to connect to ea games to get myself a 'profile' to play this game. I have spoken to them direct, added extra ports to my firewall exception list, emptied cache folders, unloaded processes not needed including antivirus, defragged, uninstalled, re-installed. Now ea say I have to get in touch with my ISP and get them to make sure that all the ports I need are openHuh

Can someone please help??

domus :x
8 REPLIES
GersFans
Grafter

Battlefield 2142

You will need to open a ticket with plusnet detailing the ports used by this game so they can add them to thier system, once added you should be able to play ok (ish).

It's a bit of a hit and miss though..
jrgrahamcov
Grafter

Re: Battlefield 2142

Hi,

Can anyone help?? I have for last 5 days been trying to connect to ea games to get myself a 'profile' to play this game. I have spoken to them direct, added extra ports to my firewall exception list, emptied cache folders, unloaded processes not needed including antivirus, defragged, uninstalled, re-installed. Now ea say I have to get in touch with my ISP and get them to make sure that all the ports I need are openHuh

Can someone please help??

domus :x

Hi,

I have been playing BF2142 on Plusnet for a while now and it works fine with low stable pings. By all means log a ticket with Plusnet but it sounds like you may have some sort of PC or firewall problem. The only rule I have on my firewall is to allow all out going connections and stop all incoming connections. This means once BF2142 connects from my PC to the internet any BF2142 network traffic is allowed back in through the firewall to my PC. Check your firewall / AV settings as you may have more complicated rules set up.

Hope that helps you.
N/A

Battlefield 2142

I Suggest you try before 4pm or after 12am as it seems to be the peak time balls stopping the game from connecting to the login sever have been unable to login during peak time its fine if i login before peaktime and play without loging out throughout peak time :roll: .

SAD SAD SAD INDEED!
jrgrahamcov
Grafter

Battlefield 2142

Hi,

the BF2142 login and disconnect problems are caused by an EA fault that is currently being sorted out. Until BF2142 patch 1.06 most people rarely got the MSD errors.

Another tip is to make sure you play on UK servers for better pings and more stable gameplay.
ampdef
Grafter

Battlefield 2142

Thanks for your input guys, but as you can see, under my other questions/heading, still a few probs. Must admit, that the router seems better at connection than the old adsl pci card. Just don't like a cluttered desktop.

Thanks again, and anymore helpfull comments appreciated,
N/A

BF2142 + peak usage limit

I Suggest you try before 4pm or after 12am as it seems to be the peak time balls stopping the game from connecting to the login sever have been unable to login during peak time its fine if i login before peaktime and play without loging out throughout peak time :roll: .

SAD SAD SAD INDEED!

hmmmm - similar to this but with one exception - i reached my 20 peak time usage limit last nite (xmas p2p !!) and i was fully ready and happy to lose any p2p traffic from my account for the rest of the month - till 6/01/07 but to my dismay - 4 pm comes around and i can't log into x-fire - can't play BF2142 or BF2 - will not log into EA servers this is crazy !!!
As far as i'm aware the 'blocking' only applies to p2p/usenet b4 and after you reach your maximum limit - am i mistaken ?
anyone had this problem too ?

NB normally i CAN play whenever i like - ocasionally i have the odd high ping but i can always get in......

edit - took out the expletive Cheesy
ampdef
Grafter

Battlefield 2142

Thanks for input, never ever reached limit! The problem seems to be at pih-relay06.plus.net and plusnet are looking into this :?: I hope?? Please read my other post "Answer to my earlier question. Originally I could not login to get a "Profile" let alone play/try to play online.
ampdef
Grafter

Battlefield 2142

Cheesy

All UK now.

Many thanks for all the input