cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battlefield 1942

N/A

Battlefield 1942

Any chance of a BF1942 server on plus.net sometime? Would save me some of the horrendous lag I get elsewhere.
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

RE: Battlefield 1942

> Any chance of a BF1942 server on plus.net sometime? Would save me some of the horrendous lag I get elsewhere.

They will once theres linux code as well for the server, only a dedicated Windose version is out just now.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

Oh well, I'll continue enjoying my huge pings. Of course, broadband would help, but I pride myself on being stubborn.

N/A

> Oh well, I'll continue enjoying my huge pings. Of course, broadband would help, but I pride myself on being stubborn.
>
>

Personally i get a prety good experience with 56k in this game, you just gotte be real choosy when selecting servers

Steve
icq 127617
N/A

> Personally i get a prety good experience with 56k in this game, you just gotte be real choosy when selecting servers
>
> Steve
> icq 127617

Hmm, what servers do you use? I've tried a few, the official ones and the blueyonder ones and the most stable ping I got was 300 on the EAAtlanta servers, for some reason. On both the EAUK and blueyonder servers I get 150-200ms one second then 800ms the next. For the life of me I can't understand this, because I've played plenty of online games before and I've never had these problems on any of them, especially since joining plus.net from BT.

N/A

Guys, you should just download "The All-Seeing Eye", it's like Gamespy but MUCH MUCH better. If it says a sever has spaces, it MEANS it has spaces (unlike Gamespy). Plus it's free and has no adverts. Check out -> http://www.udpsoft.com/eye/

I play Battlefield 1942 on the EAUK servers with a Plusnet Home ADSL account (512kbit), and ping at around 40!! Awesome stuff.

N/A

> Guys, you should just download "The All-Seeing Eye", it's like Gamespy but MUCH MUCH better. If it says a sever has spaces, it MEANS it has spaces (unlike Gamespy). Plus it's free and has no adverts. Check out -> http://www.udpsoft.com/eye/
>
> I play Battlefield 1942 on the EAUK servers with a Plusnet Home ADSL account (512kbit), and ping at around 40!! Awesome stuff.
>
>

free you say just been and looked it says $10 after 21 days so hows that free.
N/A

> free you say just been and looked it says $10 after 21 days so hows that free.

All Seeing Eye (ASE) IS FREE. The $10 is the registration fee.
Registering The All-Seeing Eye costs only $10, and in addition to the warm and fuzzy feeling you get from doing the right thing, you also get access to a bunch of new features.

Click on the `Europe` download link then when you have downloaded it click on the icon then it will automaticly download the rest of the program.

On a personal note, it is well worth registering for £6.59 which is a yearly subscription. If you dont register for the program it is limitless on the time that you use it. Registering enables you to use more of the programs functions.

The Server Search Engine Bible for Online Gamers Smiley