cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BF2 - problems in Multiplayer :-(

N/A

I bought BF2 last night, installed it, registered it with EA and then updated to patch 1.0.2 (I assume I don't have to apply 1.0.1 first ?)

Single player works fine for me, but when I try and start a multiplayer game (using my Gamespy ID etc) it just hangs on "Connecting to Server". The music still plays (but the background video stops) and nothing seems to happen. My router doesn't flash so I presume there is no internet traffic.

I have ZoneAlarm installed so thought it might be that, waiting for me to allow BF2.exe access to the 'net - I can't see a way of getting back to windows to click accept :roll:

So I tried it with ZA turned off and it still hangs on the connecting to server message. I have left it for up to 15 minutes before getting angry and resetting my machine Evil

The BF2 demo works fine online :?

Anyone got any ideas please?

Thanks,
Daniel.
8 REPLIES
N/A

If you have Service Pack 2, Windows Firewall stops it.
And my Zone Alarm stopped it, even though access was granted to the Internet.
N/A

Aha !

Thanks - forgot about the Windows firewall :roll:

Shocked
N/A

Hehe, struck me down a couple of times. Damn thing keeps turning itself on so I can't get on BF2!

Fully canceled it out now, so the damn thing wont stop me.

And on another note, my BF2 finally upgraded so I can go on the PlusNet servers.
N/A

Thanks mate - I have got it working now Smiley

Just need to work on my shooting and staying alive now :roll:

Daniel.
N/A

Hehe, I can't fly.. That's my downside.
I was on the PlusNet server last night trying to fly, but I kept crashing as usual. Maybe I'll get my joystick out.
Firejack
Grafter

Ahhh so that was who kept popping up in the server console as "committed suicide" Wink

Its good that you drop by the server. Really struggling to attract new players right now. Had at least 14 of my Clan playing everyday on it to start with but I think even they are getting a bit frustrated with the server being empty most of the time. Our unranked server just can't entice people to log in. Even though they say the ping and performance of the server is much better once they have joined :roll:

The remaining 6 of us who are determined not to give up on our server. We play Wednesday nights between 8PM and 11PM. The idea is to kick start people joining the server again once they seem some people playing.
N/A

Ill have to remember to swing by your server then when my computer has finished chucking its dummy out of its pram. Smiley

And no, I cant fly those copters either, planes im ok with.
N/A

Well, I'll definately be on every Wednesday at those times. The only problem with my connection is that it's at it's slowest then, due to the exchange been very 'crap' and BT wont upgrade it untill we've done some tests.

But, no matter.. I'll still be on it Cheesy
I always check to see if anyones on it every day on game-monitor.com

And about my deaths.. I only died like 10 times :lol:

My name is Sodine.

EDIT
It would be fun to get some PlusNet staff on it... (Talk about stress reliever)!