cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BF2 mod for SP 64 maps

vic_newey
Grafter

BF2 mod for SP 64 maps

Anyone tried the Co-op / sigleplayer mod for BF2 ?
It turns the single player selection of maps into 64 player maps with 32 bots, I think 64 are possible, definately enhanced AI , bots flying chopppers & planes are excellent as they are in the tanks, in fact I reckon its more fun than online as there are no pathetic TK punishing & kick votes.
You can also take any vehicle you want by kicking the bot out lol
I have to admit the bots gave me a pasting, apart from bot foot soldiers who spawn like ants & will antitank you if you dont gettem first with your machine gun I found it difficult to survive arial attacks whilst in a tank, great for Commander practice as well.
Other weapon enhancements are added, as are vehicles.
As its a standalone mod & needs starting from its own icon it doesn't conflict with online play or Punkbuster, but you need to exit & restart the game from your usual BF2 icon to play online or servers will say they don't have the mod, select multiplayer /lan to play Co-op with friends v bots or singleplayer to playon your own against bots, maps will display as normal 16 player but when it loads it will be 32 bots on 64 player maps.
Only map that dissapointed was Karkhand which altho has helis,there are no tanks for some reason, Zatar wetlands is a cracker, the skies are full !

You can get it here , Edit: link had changed , heres another http://battlefield2.filefront.com/file/COOP_Mod_40;46622

a
9 REPLIES
N/A

BF2 mod for SP 64 maps

Sounds good!
I'm getting a little tired of my losing connection when playing multiplayer now anyway.
Do you know if that works for the special forces expansion pack? if it did, that would be sweet playing levels like Iron Gator on SP, thats definatly one I need a lot of practice on!!.
I will download it tonight, Thanks for the link!!
N/A

BF2 mod for SP 64 maps

you can also have
64 Player Map Size

Which gives you 64 player map size in single player mode....with an IMPORTANT uninstall tool if you want to go back online, (alot of servers will boot you if you have this mod installed) so play it to your hearts content, uninstall, play online, go back to this if you wish!
vic_newey
Grafter

BF2 mod for SP 64 maps

you can also have
64 Player Map Size

Which gives you 64 player map size in single player mode....with an IMPORTANT uninstall tool if you want to go back online, (alot of servers will boot you if you have this mod installed) so play it to your hearts content, uninstall, play online, go back to this if you wish!

I didn't find any problems with online play using this mod as it doesn't alter any BF files , the maps are 64 player size but 32 bots, the initial spawning ,all at once of 64 bots would fail on many machines I would think

Edit: I justnoticed that with the co-op mod there is an uninstall option it appears on your desktop when you load the mod in the firstplace, being playing it for days & only just spotted it lol
vic_newey
Grafter

BF2 mod for SP 64 maps

Just tried another minimod, a slider lets you select as many bots as you like up to 250 !

I couldn't resist trying the 250 but it jittered to a stop, I tried 200 & it ran fairly well, 150 no problem after the initial mass spawn, 4 choppers flying together over a flag in Zatar wetlands filled with bots all parachuting out at once is a spectacular sight & I restarted a dozen times trying to get the lot in one screenshot , managed 3 tho
I tried to post a screenshot but can't fathom how to get it on here,
N/A

BF2 mod for SP 64 maps

can you post a link to it please mate, would love to have a go at that one

as for the screenshot, if you upload it to a picture hosting site, or even if you want to email it to me and i will sort it for you and then put the link here
vic_newey
Grafter

BF2 mod for SP 64 maps

Its called ' Bot changer, it seems to work with any mod or standalone, its brilliant

When you are set ,go to Zatar wetlands, tread on a few bots to get to a vehicle. watch the carrier & the 4 choppers on the minimap, they mostly go together to a nearby flag, drive over quickly but don't aproach the flag or they will not parachute down, at least 3 choppers will hover & drop all the bots

http://battlefield2.filefront.com/file/BF2_SP_Bot_Changer;48228
Edit, just changed the link to a better one, Don't select the Europe download, it doesn't work, select the USA download, then the European one becomes available to select
N/A

BF2 mod for SP 64 maps

thanks mate, downloading it now!
vic_newey
Grafter

BF2 mod for SP 64 maps

thanks mate, downloading it now!

Note: the four choppers on Zatar is on the co-op mod , http://battlefield2.filefront.com/file/COOP_Mod_40;46622
vic_newey
Grafter

BF2 mod for SP 64 maps

Heres a screenshot of three choppers lifting off ,packed with bots on their way to kharkhand,
The whole lot will bail out enmass over the city