cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BF2 Vid settings?

namtab
Grafter

BF2 Vid settings?

:roll: Hi,Just got BF2 top game, can anyone tell me the best vidio settings to have without compromising game play?. I have a ATI9800 PRO, Athlon 64 3000,1GB ram ,Thanks Cheesy
2 REPLIES
Firejack
Grafter

BF2 Vid settings?

We have similar systems. I have 2 GB's of memory, Radeon 9800 Pro 256MB and Athlon 64 3200+. Currently I'm running everything on medium with 2xAA in 1280*1024. FPS stays between 40-50 for the most part. Occassionally when you get in vehicle with lots of friendlies it can go as low as 25FPS but its fine for the majority of time.

If you have the 128MB version of the Radeon 9800 Pro increase your AGP Aperture to 256MB's, ideally 512MB's but I doubt you'll have that option with a GB of system memory. Battlefield chews its way through around 280MB's of video memory on medium :shock:

Be prepared for a lot of bugs with the game. Especially a lot of blocky shadows and random graphical corruption. Apparently this is a driver issue and ATI are working to resolve it. You need the Catalyst 5.1 or later drivers to play Battlefield 2 smoothly. Seems the drivers previous to that suffer serious slowdowns. I was used the 4.7's in the past and rarely got over 30 FPS :?

Try and unload as much junk before you launch. Instant messenger, web browser, media player or whatever. Battlefield 2 users around 840MB's of memory at anyone time and on my friends machine with 1GB. Running Windows XP and Battlefield 2 creates a swapfile of a few hundred megs unless he closes everything down.
namtab
Grafter

BF2 Vid settings?

THANKS Firejack,
BIG Help. Cheesy