cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BF2 Connection Problems

N/A

BF2 Connection Problems

Hi, just checking if anyone else has problems with online playing on BF2?
I have just moved from another ISP which I had no problems with until I came to PlusNet.
Sometimes I can get a good 30mins worth of playing online, but most of the time I get a message on the screen saying "there is a problem with your connection".
I am using all the same equipment that I used with my previous ISP and I have not changed any settings, ,so it leads me to believe it is due to PlusNet.
Can anyone confirm if they are having any similar problems?

Many thanks!
25 REPLIES
N/A

BF2 Connection Problems

sorry to hear you having probs m8y
but i play BF2 alot and even 2nite had no probs

Rob Cool
N/A

BF2 Connection Problems

Hi,

Have you tried playing on many different servers? It's possible the problem was just with one or two servers.

I'm the same as phoenixsystems, usually play Battlefield 2 for an hour or two a day and haven't seen any problems.
N/A

BF2 Connection Problems

Last night I played for 2 hours and I lost connection once.

I go though some days with no problem but get an odd day where I loose connection for no reason.

When my friend used to play it he was using wireless router he lost conection every 30 mins.
N/A

BF2 Connection Problems

Hmm, many thanks for your comments, guess it may be to my computer not liking moving home or something.
Ahh well.....
I did use a wireless network connection, but I ran a network cable to my computer and turned off the wireless adaptor, but still doesnt seem to make any difference. maybe im just a dumbass and turned the wrong thing off or something.
I have tried many different servers, but I think I may have to try when it is less busy on the internet.

Let me know of any tips any of you may have to help stop this happening to me.

Many thanks!
N/A

I get the same thing..

Occasionally fine, but on nearly all servers I get 'hiccups' in the game when all my mouse/kbd commands do nothing and I get the 'There is a problem with your connectin' message.

Usually just as I am running and want to stop, too. So my little bloke runs out into the street right in front of an enemy tank. :x
N/A

BF2 Connection Problems

I was getting the same problem, try running spyware detection programs (i use lavasoft Ad-Aware) and it all started working fine.

Hope this helps.
N/A

BF2 Connection Problems

Thanks!, I had started seeing weird ads pop up and thought it now should be time to do a spyware cleanup, cant believe i didnt do that anyway!

Tanks for your comments!
N/A

BF2 random disconnects

I had loads of annoying disconnects - I'm using an AMD X2 and changing BF2's affinity to 1 processor sorted that out. Solid as a rock now - unless I run it the old way, and back come the errors. I can recreate the problem so I know it's that, for me anyway.
iainmacmillan
Grafter

BF2 Connection Problems

also good idea to disable your AV software, saves scanning all the data in and out your system. check your windows firewall allows the outgoing connection, and if you have a router, check its not set to disconnect after a set time.

Some servers, can be laggy or temperamental, just keep trying some until you find a collection you like, and are stable - mark them as favs. Ranked servers are very heavily used for obvious reasons.

Try Call of Duty if you want something a bit more fun, and not requiring a ninja pc to run (BF2 sends and receives a large amount of data according to my usage checks).

I run a CoD/UO server most Tuesday & Saturday nights for my EVE corp mates.
N/A

BF2 Connection Problems

Hi spudly I've got exacly the same problem and I've noticed it's especially bad in the evenings and weekends. Let me know is your problem solved. I was with zen internet 512 and never had similiar problems, now I'm with 2MB connection here and it's really bad..
N/A

Voip ports

Lo all,
I had a similar problem when I try and connect to a BF2 server. Turns out it was my routers F'wall blocking the VOIP ports that the game uses.
My advice is to check in the back of the manual for a list of the ports and open them up in any firewall you have Cheesy

GL
N/A

BF2 Connection Problems

Plenty of good info to be found here ...

http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_1.html
N/A

BF2 Connection Problems

Hello,
I'm still getting problems with connection, I have cleaned my computer completly of spyware, checked everything over and over again.
I have now noticed server disconnects with Eve online on a wireless laptop, so it suggests that my computer isnt a problem.
I am using a Netgear DG814 router with a belkin Wireless thingy plugged in.
Anyone have any other suggestions?
jagger
Grafter

BF2 Connection Problems

You could try running a few bt speedchecks on your line during the times you've been having probs. http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/27 That's the way to do it.

See if that throws up any anomalies and take it from there.