Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BF1942 Fluctuating ping ?

namtab
Grafter

:? just gone adsl active,while playing bf1942 online my ping fluctuates and
i get lots of lag, ping 20-150, 56k was much more stable (although slower)
can anyone help ?
4 REPLIES
N/A

What modem do you have?

USB and PCI based modems draw power from the computer, then aditionaly draw a portion of the CPU to operate.

Instead of being self-contained devices, they are media converters. By changing the basic signal, to somthing that can flow to the CPU, at which point, thr CPU processed the connection.

This is CPU time that could be used for the game.

Just the otherway around, the game draws CPU that may be needed for the DSL.
namtab
Grafter

Smiley Thanks for that,guess its time for a prosessor upgrade (she will be pleased).
N/A

What sort of processor have you got ?

You should make sure the setting's in the game for the connection are set high even when i was on 512k i had it set at 1m/lan conn Tongue hehe
N/A

Re: BF1942 Fluctuating ping ?

:? just gone adsl active,while playing bf1942 online my ping fluctuates and
i get lots of lag, ping 20-150, 56k was much more stable (although slower)
can anyone help ?

BF1942 is quite cpu and gfx intensive, because of the sheer size of the maps. This requires you have a decent connection atleast. But even with a fast connection servers can be choppy. Like ppl have said get a router or an hardware adsl modem, this will help free your cpu up. And make sure you have changed your settings from modem -> dsl/cable within the game. Other than that, see what other ppls pings are to detirmin if the problem is the server or you, try staying away from 64 player servers and upgrade your PC if you can Smiley.