cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone playing RTCW Enemy Teritory

Delves
Grafter

If so can you tell me the names of some good servers, no mods etc. Its the first FPS shooter I've played on the PC. I've been a console player but as this game is free I though I'd give it a go.....

Got to say thoyght, having come from consoles using the mouse is a nightmare.

Also can you get voice woking on this game or any PC games for that matter, if so howHuh?/

Thanks for any response.
6 REPLIES
jberry
Grafter

Hi there,

We do have our own RTCW server (see the sticky post in this forum for details) although it always seems to be full. Your best bet is to get something like All Seeing Eye which is free and lists lots of servers for you to play on.

With regards to voice on PC, the majority of games do not come with voice utilities included in the game (Counter Strike and a few others do) but you can use programs like Team Speak and Roger Wilco in addition to the games to chat while you play.

Regards,
MarkAngel
Grafter

Gamespy is worthy of a download (and every once and a while they offer a lifetime registration for $20), other than that you just have to put up with the Adverts on it.
Also if you just want to have voice with a one other person whilst playing install MSN Messenger or the like as this works quite nicly in the background whilst playing games.

Mark
N/A

Gamespy is a system hog and overbloated imageware.

I recomend ASE for the very reason it has no adverts and isn't memory consuming
MarkAngel
Grafter

Jesus Christ!!!...You are right (not like I doubted you) 30MB o' Ram used. Didnt realise that is used that much.
Still a good program though.
Must give ASE a looksee...

M
N/A

Every program will consume memory. Hell, it's partly a feature of Windows.

Gamespy just like to take more than others.

I payed somthing like £22 for a lifetime subscription for ASE, otherwise it is somthing like £7 a year.
MarkAngel
Grafter

I'm not a complete fool, I do know how the system works!!!!!
I was just surprised @ how much it actually used.

M Evil