cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know how to config Kerio for XB Live?

Agent47
Grafter

I'm having trouble connecting to XBox Live via XP home ed. sp1 ICS. I've norrowed it down to my Firewall (Kerio personal firewall) blocking the connection, when switched off my Xbox connects. Anyone know to set up Kerio, or whom to contact about setting it up?

I have tried setting it to permit UDP 88 and 3074 ports access in both directions, also TCP port 3074 access in both directions with alert boxes for the the rules. The alerts tell me that the ports are being permited. I've got network monitoring set to "Ask me first".
3 REPLIES
Delves
Grafter

I'm not sure if this is the same problem that ZoneAlarm has. Some Firewalls are for one machine only and don't support ICS. ZoneAlam dosen't or didn't support ICS you needed ZoneAlarm Pro for this, maybe its the same problem. Anyway I shut my firewall down when I'm on XBL I get voice problems with it running.
N/A

I have xp pro through ics sharing. Have u made ur connection so ur able 2 share other computer through ur connection and do u have a cross over ethernet cable :twisted:
Agent47
Grafter

Thanks for the replies guys. It's definitely Kerio which is causing problems, switching it off and just having Windows XP firewall allows my Xbox to connect. I've tried switching on and off the Microsoft networking rules on the firewall configuration, but it seems every time I alter something in Kerio the Xbox loses the DNS server address or just tells me it has failed to connect (the cable and IP address in troubleshooting are always fine). So it's looking like I'll just have to rely on Windows XP firewall for protection whilst playing on XBox Live, unless some one out there knows a definitive guide to setting up Kerio.

I did manage to download Kola cell mission for Splinter Cell whilst Kerio was active, so it does work sometimes.