cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abandoned Games

N/A

Abandoned Games

Abandonware - software titles that are no longer being sold or supported by the copyright holder. Should you wish to play a title that has fallen into this category then you'll either need to search eBay relentlessly - or download a copy of the game from one of the darker corners of the internet, entirely illegal, but what other option do you have?

We've put together a campaign in an attempt to provoke a response from game publishers regarding this issue, maybe they could re-release the title at a budget price in a downloadable form (no instructions, box or technical support) - or perhaps they could release the title as 'freeware', and let the gaming community find a copy and distribute it through sites such as Liberated Games. In no way do we want the Company to relinquish their copyrights – the game, characters, artwork, music and anything else related, will still be entirely theirs – all we want is a chance to play the games again.

You can view a sample of some of the 'abandoned' games that we'd like the chance to play again.

Then maybe read through our entire Abandonware Campaign article, and then, if you should happen to agree with what we're trying to achieve you could sign the online petition we've set up.

To help further, you could post about this campaign on other forums you frequent - the more support we get, the more likely we are to attract the attention of the people that can actually make this happen.
6 REPLIES
vic_newey
Grafter

Abandoned Games

I don't think my 4 gig CPU & 512mb graphics could handle them games,

Mind you I can see why they were abandoned lol Tongue
N/A

Abandoned Games

Ahhh yes - but these games are from a time when gameplay was so much more important than graphics, and it's a crying shame that people are unable to play some of these classic games because of the legal situation with 'Abandonware'.

Trust me, you've not played a football game till you've played Sensible World of Soccer..
vic_newey
Grafter

Abandoned Games

I can see your point nostagia wise but it would be like playing 78 rpm records to hear the latest music as the game visuals are important to me these days,
oh those pinball games ! I played them so much that I actually bought 3 real pinball machines & only recently sold them lol
N/A

Abandoned Games

Discworld I and Discworld II ! Cool

What about Monkey Island?

Trust me, you've not played a football game till you've played Sensible World of Soccer..

I totally agree! Although I do have it on my mobile lol and I still have a copy for the PC knocking about here somewhere hehe
N/A

Abandoned Games

If you look on the forum post there's a list of games that we'd like to be freed.

I don't have a copy of SWOS for the PC, I did have one for my Amiga - and it's a damned shame I can't pick up a copy for my current system and enjoy some retro kicks. The mobile version of SWOS just isn't the same!
N/A

Abandoned Games

If I find the game I will send you a private message. You can have it as I am unlikely to play it again.