cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL CS Problem

N/A

ADSL CS Problem

I cannot play Counterstrike with ADSL. After about 60 seconds into a game I get a message like "illegal packet" and thrown out of game.

Do I need to change any settings? It worked fine with my 56K modem.

The ping is low ( while I am in the game ), but I just can't stay in the game. Any ideas?

cheers
James
3 REPLIES
jberry
Grafter

RE: ADSL CS Problem

> I cannot play Counterstrike with ADSL. After about 60 seconds into a game I get a message like "illegal packet" and thrown out of game.
>
> Do I need to change any settings? It worked fine with my 56K modem.
>
> The ping is low ( while I am in the game ), but I just can't stay in the game. Any ideas?

Hi James,

I've personally not come accross this problem before. Is it on all three of the servers or just one?

It may be worth repatching your CS copy but if you are planning to (or have already) updated to 1.5 that would do the same job.

Just out of interest, do you have the same problem if you play on a non-PlusNet server?

Thanks

Josh
--
| Josh Berry.......................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support.......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +
N/A

Hi Josh,

I uninstalled "Internet Connection Sharing" from my machine and hey presto, I can play CS again. Thanks for your efforts,

cheers
James
N/A

> Hi Josh,
>
> I uninstalled "Internet Connection Sharing" from my machine and hey presto, I can play CS again. Thanks for your efforts,
>
> cheers
> James
>

How can i uninstall it, where is it?please help