cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Marketplace demo downloads agonisingly slow.

N/A

Just got a silver account for demos and connected the 360 to my WiFi modem/router via a three-foot ethernet cable. Connection no problem but downloads of average 750Mb take days.

Additionally, the machine disconnects from Live intermittently and often reports a lower completion percentage than previous viewings!

Downloads via the PC laptop (WiFi), PS3 demo downloads, and PS3 online gaming are lightning-fast by comparison. I'm on a (supposed) 8Mb connection.

Anyone want to offer an explanation, please? Or suggest some tech details I might post to help solve the problem?

Thanks.
4 REPLIES
Trapper_Dave
Grafter

That sounds strange. I think a 750MB should take about 20 - 30 minutes-ish depending on what it is though.

Have you tried Mircosoft or raised a ticket through Xbox.com yet?
Plusnet Alumni (retired) _CN_
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Marketplace downloads will be classed as Web, just like the PS3 online store. As you have no issues with the PS3 store etc. I'd look around the Microsoft forums to see if others are reporting download issues or raise a ticket with their tech support.
N/A

Hokay. Thanks for the replies.
Tyreal74
Grafter

You might need to open your router up to the Live ports, if theyre not open this can throttle your connection significantly

you should also port forward to a static ip assigned on your 360

i had similar problems with lag and slow speeds until i decided to sort my rig properly