cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wbc class of service priority BTw trial

scootie
Grafter

wbc class of service priority BTw trial

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/4344-bt-announce-199-new-exchanges-for-wbc-adsl2-rollout.html
BT Wholesale have also reported that they are trialling class of service priority on WBC and WBMC (Wholesale Broadband Managed Connect) which allows ISPs to prioritise traffic for specific services. This should help ensure a consistent quality of service for things like VoIP which can be affected easily by high latency, packet loss or jitter. The trial will run until Autumn 2010 with plans to bring a commercial product to market in 2011.

Have PN already got plans in place to trail this, if plusnet could prioritise all my gaming traffic from PN's network to the MSAN i would certainly be a customer again
3 REPLIES 3
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: wbc class of service priority BTw trial

I've asked Dave to comment, as he runs all of our trials.
Edit: We've looked into this service and we are interested, but it's something for the future and isn't on our roadmap as of yet.
godsell4
Rising Star

Quote from: Asbo
... if plusnet could prioritise all my gaming traffic from PN's network to the MSAN i would certainly be a customer again

This all depends on the Ellanoya correctly seeing the traffic as Gaming. Gaming traffic is already in the Titanium queue so there really should not be a problem
It seems for the games you play the Ellanoya is not configured, or was not configured at the time you were a PN customer, for those games.
This feature of WBC/WMBC is not as far as I can tell going to fix your problems alone, as they should not have been there in the first place if the Ellanoya worked right.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
scootie
Grafter

@godsell
i had no issue with gaming on PN and that's not why am no longer a customer, that is because the current line i took over  is fixed in a contract with post office. my original PN account is still active and well in use.
once the traffic leaves PN network and is put over the host link  (or whateva its called these days, on 20cn its the central pipes) then it dose not matter what priority PN have given to the traffic as the data packet is now on BTw network.
what BTw are trying to do with this is bring max premium a 20cn service to 21cn but put it on heat, ie very similar to how PN prioritize on there network now but the added classes data added to packets will be read and active right through to the dslam