Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

on FTTP trial phone line disconnects this week

Boltbysue
Hooked

on FTTP trial phone line disconnects this week

Hi

We are on the FTTP trial and I am porting my home phone number to a VOIP provider. Received an email today from Plusnet confirming the number will port on 16 March.

Is there anything we need to do to ensure that the fibre doesn't get disconnected by accident or is everything good to go?

I understand that we will be paying the £2.50 per month extra.

I will also add that everything so far has been done very efficiently.

Many thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: on FTTP trial phone line disconnects this week

Hi there

I've looked into your account and I can see that your broadband is also ceasing on the 16th March as well as your phone line. If your FTTP order completes before then, we'll get your account changed to fibre and then I'd expect no problems.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forum @Boltbysue

Please disregard:

@Anoush wrote:
If your FTTP order completes before then, we'll get your account changed to fibre and then I'd expect no problems.

I've checked your account and see that your FTTP order completed back in February as expected. I'll make sure your account is updated accordingly and get you put on the relevant Fibre package.

@ Boltbysue wrote:
Is there anything we need to do to ensure that the fibre doesn't get disconnected by accident or is everything good to go?

I'll raise a ticket on your account for myself to monitor this for you and check over the account on Thursday to make sure everything else is as it should be following the phone line leaving Thumbs_Up

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Many apologies @Boltbysue I read the appointment date as March instead of February. Sad

I believe Harry's got this all sorted/in hand. Thumbs_Up

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Boltbysue
Hooked

Many thanks both of you!

Customer service has always been excellent from Plusnet and can't recommend you enough!

Regards

Boltbysue
Hooked

All went fine - many thanks.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Glad to hear that Thumbs_Up

The account just need tidying up a little, but I'm doing that now for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Don4418
Dabbler

Hi, I wonder if I can drop into this thread please, in the hope that HarryB can help me?  I have just been connected a couple of days ago on the FTTP trial and all seems to be working well.

I'd like to port my existing Plusnet phone number across to a VOIP provider and terminate my copper landline rental, however I mentioned this on a support ticket and the initial reaction was I can't do that without losing my FTTP. I can see that quite a few others have done this successfully - it seems that HarryB has been the support team member involved in those.  I believe that this might be what should happen:

1. I start a porting request with a VOIP provider to move my number across to them.

2. I let HarryB know that the porting is underway. (I probably have to PM him my phone number or account username)

3. HarryB intervenes manually to stop my broadband account getting shut down automatically. 

4. I stop getting billed for my line rental and call package but I will have to pay £2.50 per month because I don't have a line.

Have I got that right or have I missed anything and can someone help me with this?  Thanks in advance, Don

Boltbysue
Hooked

Don

Yes that's exactly what I did and just started this thread once the porting request had gone in to the VOIP provider that I moved to.

Everything went fine.

Don4418
Dabbler

Thanks for that. Roughly how long did the process take from when you put your porting request in?
Boltbysue
Hooked

We were quoted up to 14 days but it was nearer 7.