Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving house and FTTP

rechardrojee
Dabbler

moving house and FTTP

Hi,
I've been trying for a while to find out if I can get my plusnet phone/net services moved to my new house, so maybe somebody on here can help me out before I move it all to BT as the moment they seem the only ones who can sort it out and after talking to them they could connect me quickly...
I'm currently on the FTTC unlimited fibre product at my old house and my new house is in an fibre only area and is FTTP.  Does anyone working for plusnet on here know if I can get my phone/net services moved to my new house and how quickly?
I've been a PN customer for a few yrs now but given that I've been trying for a while to sort this out and not getting much of a response, if it's not possible then in the next day or so I'll just have to move to BT and get their discounts that they are offering at the same time...
Hopefully someone can shed some light on the options I have.
Thanks,
Rechard
14 REPLIES 14
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: moving house and FTTP

Hi Rechard,
Would you mind PM'ing me the new address? I'll do a bit of digging for you.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
rechardrojee
Dabbler

Hi Matty,
You should have a few PMs from me already but I've sent you another one with my new and old addresses.
Many thanks,
Rechard
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yeah, I've just noticed. Sorry about this, I was away at the time.
Right, we'd be able to get it installed at the new property. Are you ok to raise a ticket at trials.plus.net?
Matty
rechardrojee
Dabbler

Hi Matty,
Thanks.  I'll raise the ticket...
I have a few other questions for you...
Will you be able to move both my phone and net services to the new house, and will I be able to keep the same phone number?  Also, I have a static IP address, will I be able to keep the same IP address?
Thanks,
Rechard
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Mattys not in today but he is tomorrow.
You'll definitely keep the static IP address but I'm not sure about the phone side of things. 
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
drunkenmonkey
Grafter

If it's pure FTTP in your new build then you'll need to go with BT to get voice over fibre as PN don't provide it
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Your new address doesn't have any copper at all by the looks of it.
I think BT Retail might do phone over fibre, but I must admit I'm not very clued up on that technology.
drunkenmonkey
Grafter

I can confirm they do. My estate is a pure fibre estate and my neighbour is on BT and has voice over fibre service with them
deathtrap
Grafter

::
rechardrojee
Dabbler

Hi Matty,
yes, it's a fibre only area here.  Does this mean that plusnet isn't able to provide voice over fibre but you can provide my broadband access?
Cheers
Rechard
rechardrojee
Dabbler

Hi,
sorry only just noticed the previous message from buntrob indicating that PN does not do voice over fibre.
Matty, sent a PM to you.
Thanks,
Rechard
rechardrojee
Dabbler

Hi Matty,
As I don't have a net connection at my new house yet and mobile coverage is not brilliant getting connected to chat via the forum is a bit difficult, any chance of either I call you or you call me on the options I have and hopefully sorting something out?
Thanks,
Rechard
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for speaking with me today Smiley
Matty
rechardrojee
Dabbler

Hi Matty,
Apologies for not replying back in July ... life got in the way with just too many things going on relating to the new house, new job and car engine decided to die on me.... Wink
It was great to talk to you to get things sorted as I remember things were going around in a circle a bit at the time.
Just wanted to update, my FTTP connection in the new house has been great.  I'm not monitoring it all of the time but I rarely have any issues with it and I've never noticed it to go down when I've been using it.... I haven't even got around to sorting a tv antenna yet for the house ... found that streaming tv via some apps on an nvidia shield android tv console that I have has been great ...
I hope this keeps on going like this!
Many thanks for your help in getting my connection up and running,
Rechard