cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intermittentSlow speeds since 4th December on MK FTTP

AndyH
Grafter

Re: intermittentSlow speeds since 4th December on MK FTTP

That packet loss is not good - so I think it should be sent back to BT Wholesale.
Those spikes at around 18:20, 21:50 and 08:50 - are these you running speed tests?
There was another SVLAN change on Thursday morning, but I don't think that's done anything for me. My TBB graph has not changed at all as I saw the peak time hump again last night with random slow downs to low 60Mbps.
This was on an idle connection a couple of weeks ago when no one was at home (Samknows box turned off):
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Yes the 3 big spikes were speed test times.
The 3 red drops between 7pm and 9pm are problematic .No-one was on-line until after 8pm and then just 1 person on Facebook up to 9pm.
I have added this to my support ticket.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
AndyH
Grafter

Looking at your graph, you're still seeing small bits of packet loss throughout the day. If the SVLAN was the cause of the packet loss, then it does not seem to have done much to fix it with the upgrade.
The other things I don't quite understand is that your minimum/average latency (green/blue bars) are nearly twice what mine is (I get 3-5ms pings to TBB on average).
Have you thought about getting a free Samknows box (runs a lot of tests on your connection throughout the day)?
SpendLessTime
Hero

The packet loss has been noted yesterday on the ticket and referred to BTW by support.
yes my minimum/average are twice yours but every Openreach engineer has said my line is good and that it's not an issue.
SpendLessTime
Hero

Well. Something happened at 4:40am this morning as I have had a new connection started and moved gateways to ptn-ag04 after 17days on pcl-ag07.
Quality monitor shows an improvement in minimum latency. Ping times on all tests are lower too, BTW is 18.25ms, speedtest.net MK 5ms. Might just be that everybody else is in bed as the clocks have gone forward though.  Cheesy
However still seeing dropped packets when zero traffic.

AndyH
Grafter

I saw some packet loss around 05:45-06:30. I am also seeing some ping spikes to 120-140ms on zero activity.
Going to see what it's like this evening.
SpendLessTime
Hero

Been told that an engineer will be dispatched to look at the packet loss in the early hours of tomorrow.
So hopefully some good news then.
SpendLessTime
Hero

Well this is the thread's end (hopefully).
Just over 4 calendar months since it was first raised.
Line speeds are back to normal and haven't seen the symptoms that started this issue for the last 3 weeks or longer. (That is web pages never finish loading or start to load but speed tests show full speed and this lasts for up to 18 hours)
Also the TBB quality monitor no longer shows dropped packets every 30 minutes or less and has been this way since last Friday. And the minimum latency is constantly low now at 3-4ms.
So the call has been closed at BTW HLE and hopeful in 2 weeks I will close the tickets on Plusnet too. Just a final two weeks of monitoring to satisfy myself that it has been banished .
Thank you to everyone of these forums and on BT Retail community forum for help in getting this solved but especially thanks to AndyH for rounding up the troops to provide the evidence to Plusnet/BTR/AAISP which proved it was not just my issue but a local geographical issue.
And finally thanks to Plusnet support who I have sometimes put through the mangle (verbally and written) for seeing through the problem to its solution.

AndyH
Grafter

Am glad things are finally fixed for you  Cool Fingers crossed you get no more problems! Smiley