cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

download limit plusnet v bt infinnity

rtjones2
Dabbler

download limit plusnet v bt infinnity

Just been looking at bt infinnity to compare how it stacks up to the current trial... inorder to get full linespeed you need at all times you need to be on the pro package (confirmed)  by plus net but then stuck with download limit of 20 gb compared to a minimum of 40gb with bt as the pricing is comparable would it be an idea for plusnet to temporarily increase the download liit to those customers on the trial? Please note that am not complaining just curious to hear what others think (including plusnet)

5 REPLIES 5
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: download limit plusnet v bt infinnity

been asked many times, the answer is probably not cost effective
JEB
Grafter

In any case you are comparing Apples and Oranges as with PlusNet you get unlimited off peak downloads.
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

If I was on BT Infinity I would have paid over £65 this month, instead I have only paid £14.24 (with referrals) or £16.99 without.
The BT allowance covers ALL downloads and uploads during the month, PNs has a free period midnight to 8am.
BT limits P2P & download servers at peak times and most of the day during weekends, the pro package has no limitations (other than overall PN capacity).
It's not just the size of the allowance, it's when it applies and how it is used that is important.
Do you want the pro package to be the same as BT Infinity now? I certainly don't.
rtjones2
Dabbler

Some interesting points made so far ... thank you.
I take your point that we have unlimited off peak downloads but that isn't allways that useful - I have two children under 10 yeas old who love streaming video (one does childrens iplayer and the other national geographic type stuff) the off leak usage (midnight to 8 am) doesn't help much there.
As I have said before not looking to upset anyone just really interested in the general opinion I centainly have no intent to move over to BT either - remember that without people like us plusnet wouldn't be able to evaluate their ability / router compatability before their service went live, from what I have read this trial is giving some users considerable issues when the supplied thompson router stops working.
What sort of pricing / srevice would you like to see when the product is officially launched?
itsme
Grafter

iPlayer has the function to download and can be set up to do it between midnight and 8am.