cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find BBEU or ALID for Plusnet FTTP connections ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Where to find BBEU or ALID for Plusnet FTTP connections ?

Until the recent introduction of FTTP connections, Plusnet customers wanting to check their broadband  BT "IP profile", could use the BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test  , run the basic speed test until done, select [Additional Diagnostic] then enter their Telephone Number and hit the [Run Diagnostic] to perform the test that goes on to show both the upload and download IP Profiles.

For customers who are upgrading to the new Plusnet FTTP service and therefore don't have a telephone number,  the BT Wholesale test requires either the BBEU or ALID associated with the connection, in order to proceed.

Where can either the BBEU or ALID information be found in the Plusnet Member Centre ?

Screenshot 2022-06-10 at 14-12-39 BTW Performance Tester.png

18 REPLIES 18
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Where to find BBEU or ALID for Plusnet FTTP connections ?

I got my BBEU by asking on the forum many years ago when I joined the trial. Never seen it on the members centre.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Anonymous  I found my BBEU number more or less by accident when looking through the multiple service notes and questions on the account when I signed up to FTTC at my current address, a bit hard to find but I tracked it down!

Plusnet Support - CSC Analyst
4:20am, Thursday 24 Oct 2019
Provisioning of your ADSL Account Information
BT Reference Number set to BBEUxxxxxxxx. BT Circuit Number set to BBEUxxxxxxxx,

Not sure if the ALID is the BT Circuit number but they are the same BBEU number.

Whether every customer gets this message I don't know.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @SpendLessTime ,  I thought that might be the case.

As there already forum help requests (such as FTTP upgrade - line training) where the next obvious question is "what does the BT IP profile test show ?",  there isn't much point recommending looking at the BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test  if each and every time the customer has to go and ask a Plusnet staff member to provide the BBEU or ALID, because we can't point to where the information SHOULD be found (i.e. in the Member Centre).

Perhaps @JonoH  can get the information added ?

maybe here -

https://www.plus.net/member-centre/broadband 

or here ?

https://www.plus.net/member-centre/broadband/connection-details 

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

I doubt there are many circumstances where the additional info will be of much use on FTTP. It's pretty much going to tell you the headline speed that's provisioned.
e.g. on my line it returns 957.76mbps download profile and 115mbps upload profile.
Interestingly, ~957mbps is pretty much unachievable in terms of DS throughput. Things like PPPoE overheads will knock a good few 10's of mbps off this.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

From this post on the Sky forums https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-can-I-obtain-my-Broadband-Service-ID-BBEU-or-Access-Line-... it claims that its available from the BT Wholesale checker using the address

On address checker.

The second screen after you have entered your postcode and capcha, it presents the list of premises to choose.
Look to the end of each address and it shows it there

Certainly there are 2 codes there on my address

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@bobpullen  it might be useful in a case like this one https://community.plus.net/t5/Full-Fibre/FTTP-upgrade-line-training/m-p/1875252#M17492 . The Additional Diagnostic would have (hopefully?) confirmed the incorrect profile

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Haven't looked into it, but reading that thread I'd be very surprised if it were the BT profile out of kilter. I know there was a defect where, despite the Plusnet profile updating, it wasn't coming into effect until the actual CRM account change was actioned at our side. Suspect that's what happened there.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MisterW wrote:

On address checker.

The second screen after you have entered your postcode and capcha, it presents the list of premises to choose.
Look to the end of each address and it shows it there

Certainly there are 2 codes there on my address

I've just tried the two codes listed against my own address, and neither are valid BBEU or ALID values when entered in to the Performance Tester [Advanced Diagnostic] dialog box.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Neither of the numbers presented there are my BBEU. I don't have my ALID to hand so can't compare that.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

The first number appears to be your UPRN - it is for me and can be used on the checker (phone number version).

This is a unique identifer allocated (I believe) by the local authority to a premise after planning permission is granted. It's known to all utility companies and can be used before a Post Code is assigned.

Brian

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

The first number appears to be your UPRN

Yup, I'd just come to that conclusion.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

As an aside , in the course of using the Availablilty checker I notice that my exchange is now 'FTTP priority' and the checker returns no ADSl/VDSL available. Looking at the OR stop sell info https://www.openreach.co.uk/cpportal/products/product-withdrawal/stop-sells-updates its in Tranche 4 and went stop sell from 29 April.

I can see me getting queries from the neighbors when they try to move ISP's...

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Between the two numbers from the Address results I have the letters NS - could this be North Scotland which is consistant with where I live.

If so, this would suggest the second number might be an internal OpenReach identifier.

Neither Mr Google nor Mr DuckDuckGo returned any results on my numbers.

Brian

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

have the letters NS - could this be North Scotland which is consistant with where I live.

very possibly, mine has EM ,  East midlands would be right for me