cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When you wait 4 months for BT, and suddenly the poles go up without warning....

FIXED
FxAxF
Rising Star

When you wait 4 months for BT, and suddenly the poles go up without warning....

Poles.jpg

I....I don't know what to say. After months of back and forth (thanks @Gandalf for the help), the required poles are up for FTTP installation to begin in the next 11 days.

Onwards.....

37 REPLIES 37
FxAxF
Rising Star

Re: When you wait 4 months for BT, and suddenly the poles go up without warning....

....I think that might even be @Gandalf in the PlusNet private jet flying past to ensure that the work is carried out to the required standard Wink

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: When you wait 4 months for BT, and suddenly the poles go up without warning....

@FxAxF wrote:

....I think that might even be @Gandalf in the PlusNet private jet flying past to ensure that the work is carried out to the required standard Wink

Given his abilities why would Gandalf need a private plane!!!!!!!!

Brian

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Whilst I'm really happy to see that, the review date of the 24th July we've been given by Openreach isn't for the internal work. They believe that more external work is still needed.

Given his abilities why would Gandalf need a private plane!!!!!!!!

It's not needed, but it would be nice.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
FxAxF
Rising Star

Ah well, some poles is better than no poles!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Aye indeed! Looks like we're making progress.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
FxAxF
Rising Star

@Gandalf , quick FYI to say that BTOR are currently on site and installing internal fibre this afternoon.

I'll wait until it's all installed and on/connected before I amend the ticket.

[edit] ticket #168271771 in case you were wondering! Smiley [/edit]

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks again for your time on the phone @FxAxF

Was a surprise to see the engineer arrive early, as the order isn't complete yet on the Openreach systems that's likely stopping your service from connecting so I'll contact them tomorrow morning to chase this up and I'll call your wife tomorrow with an update as agreed.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
FxAxF
Rising Star

We're still "orange lighted" at home, what are the chances of BT finishing their work this afternoon? Smiley

Hoping you can give them a buzz and follow up....

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I rang Openreach earlier today but there wasn't much of an update, so I'm waiting on our suppliers to accept the escalation I've raised.

Should know more either before the end of the day, or tomorrow at the latest.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Good news! Our suppliers accepted the escalation last night and completed your order on the BT systems following the order completing on the Openreach systems. Testing your new FTTP connection now isn't showing any major problems.

I'll hold off on ceasing your ADSL service until you can confirm the FTTP works.
However, if you're unable to connect by plugging your router into the ONT box from the WAN port using an ethernet cable, setting the router up by logging into the router settings at 192.168.1.254 connecting with your username@plusdsl.net and your account password, please let me know and I'll task an engineer out back there by raising a fault.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
FxAxF
Rising Star

Thanks for this mate, I'll get back at midday and test the line. The router was left connected and orange this morning so it's good that you are seeing the signal.

Please keep the DSL line active for now though Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems and shall do. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
FxAxF
Rising Star

Afraid still no fibre, multiple attempts to connect failed. My other half is at home right now with Plusnet tech support, who are looking into it. Could you have another check? Appreciate it Smiley

Would prefer to avoid a BT engineer visit if at all possible; going on how long it takes them to do anything we could be waiting until autumn!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm afraid there's not much we can do from our side as this is all we can see when we test an FTTP service:

GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID BBEU00000000

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTP_SERVICE_0000
Description No Fault in FTTP Service
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status Up
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N

Unfortunately we would need to arrange an engineer visit raising a fault investigation. Could you reply to the ticket on your account with your availability please? I'll get it booked in for you once you've done that.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet