cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was meant to have Full Fibre installed 4 years ago and still hasn't been resolved

Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 14

Re: Was meant to have Full Fibre installed 4 years ago and still hasn't been resolved

@bmc  4 years could have been 4 months but @Mr_Paul may have a point relating to covid lockdown. In which case the problem would be an ADSL to FTTC update which hasn’t taken place…

Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: Was meant to have Full Fibre installed 4 years ago and still hasn't been resolved

@Champnet 

"In which case the problem would be an ADSL to FTTC update which hasn’t taken place…"

Wouldn't an ADSL to FTTC upgrade just involve re-jumpering at the cabinet, (and possibly the exchange), and not a visit to the customer's home? In which case, is there any reason that could not have still been actioned at the time? Openreach may even have had a surplus of engineers at that time, due to them being restricted about what tasks they were still carrying out?

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 60

@jab1 

Dec 2017 was when I got on it. It was a good while after this that it closed to new Trialists.

I seem to remember there was a couple of years between the closure of the Trial and a commercial product being launched which was only a couple of years ago.

My thought pattern is that if it was still open in Spring 2020 but closed during the summer of that year. If the install got caught up in the general mayhem of that time then the order could have been cancelled and the Trial closed before the order could be reinstated.

Brian

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

OK, @bmc . I never got involved with it, but I still doubt the OP would have been invited - three+ years  after it started. I could be wrong of course, but...

John
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 23

The trial closed on the 31st July 2018: https://www.plus.net/help/legal/fttp-terms/#:~:text=our%20FTTP%20Trial.-,The%20trial%20closed%20on%2...).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bmc
Hero

@jab1 

If you knew about it you could request to join. Myself and 3 neighbours did just that.

Indeed, one of them left BT and signed up to an ADSL package simply because they could then move onto FTTP. All 4 of us were helped by a friendly wizard.

Brian

bmc
Hero

@pjmarsh 

Was it that long ago. So much for my memory. Also blows my theory out of the water.

Guess the next question is when did commercial FTTP launch of PN?

Brian

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 23

@bmc 25th May 2022 for existing customers: https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2022/05/isp-plusnet-in-low-key-uk-launch-of-fttp-broadband-pac...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

@bmc wrote:

@jab1 

If you knew about it you could request to join. Myself and 3 neighbours did just that.

Indeed, one of them left BT and signed up to an ADSL package simply because they could then move onto FTTP. All 4 of us were helped by a friendly wizard.

Brian

Again, @bmc  - fair enough, but I doubt someone who had applied would not be 'left in limbo'. Back then, from what I recall, PN where rather more on the ball and less hidebound than the brand is now.

John
krusty
Rising Star

@Mr_Paul hi, you are completely right, i had missread the OP's post. Somehow i thought they had installed the ont and then had an issue and left it in place.

The issue is still the same, the op is stating that they are potentially (even though i don't think they are) paying for fttp when they clearly don't have that service.

bmc
Hero

@pjmarsh 

Once again, thanks.

So it's now clear no FTTP was available to the OP in the spring of 2020 so it's likely it would have been an ADSL to FTTC upgrade.

Brian

Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 14

@Dismal  We’re all trying to help but we need a little more information. Can you tell us in simple, non technical terms what you expected to happen and what did, or did not, happen. For now ignore any requests for statistics,.