Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to Join PlusNet FTTP From BT FTTP

FIXED
Nigel55

Want to Join PlusNet FTTP From BT FTTP

Hi,

I have tried calling up and using online chat but unfortunately I haven't found the expertise I need to help me though this problem.

Currently I am on BT Infinity 2 and the price is getting eye watering! So I want to switch supplier, but I'm In a bit of a jam.

I live in a new build and don't have copper wires installed to the home, only fibre... so I'm unable to join as a ADSL customer then apply for the FTTP trial like I have read about on the forum. 

Has anybody else had a similar experience or know a way to bypass the ADSL issue?

Thanks in advance

8 REPLIES 8
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Want to Join PlusNet FTTP From BT FTTP

Fix

Welcome to the community forums @Nigel55

Unfortunately due to the way our signup process works for new customers, we can't setup an account if there isn't ADSL or FTTC showing at www.dslchecker.bt.com

Hopefully in the not too distant future we'll offer FTTP as a full service for new customers as well as existing.

For the time being there's no workaround I'm afraid.

Sorry for any disappointment.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Reno
Hooked

"Hopefully in the not too distant future we'll offer FTTP as a full service" So is that an official improvement from previous statements "we don't know how long the trial will continue on for, or confirm if/what FTTP products would be available if/when we started to provide FTTP as a standard service"?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I think you’re reading too much into what I’ve said I’m afraid. It’s not an official statement. Apologies for any disappointment.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Reno
Hooked

Ah, well, the wait goes on then!
Nigel55

Thanks for the reply @Gandalf

Unfortunately the DSL checker reports that I only have WBC FTTP available. Booo!
I guess I have to go back to BT with my tail between my legs and hand over the cash. (Already cancelled the contract after throwing my toys out of the pram) haha

It's bloody crazy that no other company wants to muscle in on the monopoly BT has on people like me!?
I really look forward to you guys and others companys fully supporting this type of connection then I can tell BT where to stuff there price hikes!

Thanks again 👍

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

There are other ISPs that will supply FTTP without the stupid PlusNet conditions of having a copper line service before you can get FTTP. Ones that come to mind are Zen and Andrews and Arnold (A&A). You may find that their prices are higher than the mass market providers such as BT but may be worth a look.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

List of ISPs who offer services across Openreach WBC FTTP can be found at 

https://www.homeandbusiness.openreach.co.uk/fibre-broadband/ultrafast-broadband/ultrafast-fibre-buy-...

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems.
If it helps, looking through previous posts, this “workaround” might be feasible.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet