cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to fibre

Awinterbottom

Upgrade to fibre

As instructed, I am logging a request to be upgraded to fibre. If it makes any difference I already have a BT Openreach box wired in. Many thanks.
9 REPLIES 9
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Upgrade to fibre

Are we already providing you with a service, or are you with another ISP at the moment?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Awinterbottom

No, we’ve only just moved into the house and the previous owners left it behind.
Awinterbottom

Sorry should have made that clearer. We were with you at our old house and are staying with plusnet in the new house. We’ve got the router and we’re due to be connected today (although not on fibre) although it doesn’t seem to be connecting and the phone line is dead.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Ah OK, shouldn't be a problem but someone definitely needs to take a look at what's going on. Leave it with me, and I'll see if I can give somebody a nudge when I'm back in the office tomorrow.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Welcome to the community forums @Awinterbottom

It looks like fibre to the property (FTTP) is available so you'll need to signup at http://trials.plus.net

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Awinterbottom

Ok thank you - I’ve submitted a request.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks I've replied to the ticket.
We'll need the initial questions answering to progress the order.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've placed your FTTP now. As you've got the Openreach ONT box the service should activate within 1 working day. Due to the weekend and new year, it should start working on the 2nd.

For the remote activation to work, the box must be left switched on for the duration until the order completes.

I've moved the ticket on your account to my teams workflow so I can follow up the day after.

(I'm out of the office on the 2nd as I'm in new year's day instead)

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm just following up here. As you're probably already aware, your FTTP order completed yesterday morning.

I've changed your account over to fibre now so you should see faster speeds soon. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet