Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Upgrade pricings now on portal

Clipboard01.jpg

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

The big issue I have is the inbuilt 3.9% + CPI increases which given everyone is indicating CPI will be in double digits next year, would see these prices sky rocket over a 24 month contract. Sky are price comparable on switching sites and don't AFAIK alter contract prices during the initial term of 18 months.

Decisions.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Thanks for the screen shots.

According to the "Legal Pages" you pay the following at the end of 24 months.

Full Fibre 36 - £27
Full Fibre 74 - £30
Full Fibre 145 - £35
Full Fibre 300 - £40
Full Fibre 500 - £47
Full Fibre 900 - £55

So, for me, I would pay an extra £0.21 to go on a Full Fibre 36 24 month contract.

Brian

SpendLessTime
Hero

I'm on the old Trial 80/20 speed so would save nearly £4pm for now if I contracted to FF 74 but next year that saving could vanish if CPI is 11-15%.

Decisions, decisions but I really don't see a need to jump into any contract yet as offers jump around all the time.

Addition: I bet the out of contract prices will rise with the inbuilt 3.9+ CPI too so the current out of contract price is just that. Current.

beeceegee
Pro
Fixes: 4

@SpendLessTime wrote:

The big issue I have is the inbuilt 3.9% + CPI increases which given everyone is indicating CPI will be in double digits next year, would see these prices sky rocket over a 24 month contract. Sky are price comparable on switching sites and don't AFAIK alter contract prices during the initial term of 18 months.

Decisions.

That's my big concern too, although it's becoming more difficult to find an ISP which does not reserve the right to make some sort of increase. EE (not surprisingly) has the same CPI+ clause, even Zen have dropped the no increase within contract term in favour of a more vague "we will increase if we really need to" clause. Aquiss and Giganet don't have in contract increase provisions, but they are only 12 month contracts

{CORRECTION: Giganet may impose a CPI increase in January}

bmc
Hero

Trial prices are subject to the annual increase so you get them on or off contract.

Moving may be the only way to avoid the worst of them.

Brian

SpendLessTime
Hero

I have the option of Openreach and CityFibre ISPs here so have a few more ISPs to choose from. As you say price rises in contract are all too common and I'm only too well aware that the price I pay today to Plusnet out of contract on the trial has risen with the CPI+ factor already.

bond007
Dabbler

So having seen the prices on Plusnet's site I decided the time is right to sort out my upgrade - it's taken me 4 weeks to build up the confidence and my existing FTTC contract expires on 14th July. I was going to do it all online but there was a problem - the first engineer visit available was 18th July which is after my existing contract expires. So I rang.

A couple of interesting points.

1) The prices quoted on the phone were higher than the internet prices - not much (only 50p each) but odd nonetheless. I did get the internet price agreed by way of a £12 refund to cover 24 months @ 50p so all's well with that. I was also offered free P&P on the Hub 2 (internet price £6.99).

2) The real problem is the slight delay between my existing contract expiring and the engineers visit. I thought, naively, that I could simply renew the existing FTTC  contract at the price I have already been offered and upgrade to FTTP at the same time, so no extra cost for the 4 day delay. Sadly not - apparently it's not possible to put 2 orders through at the same time so I either upgrade now and have to pay one full month at the out of contract price (an extra £17) or renew FTTC now and wait until 15th July to order FTTP as an upgrade (risking the price rising and adding a few weeks onto the process).

I've deferred until Monday and will have to decide (I guess the second option is best, I'll have to try to get some sort of agreement on the price not increasing).

So the moral is - if you want to upgrade to FTTP and your contract expiry is imminent make sure you leave plenty of time and ensure that the engineer visit is before expiry date, currently at least 2 weeks.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@beeceegee wrote:

That's my big concern too, although it's becoming more difficult to find an ISP which does not reserve the right to make some sort of increase. EE (not surprisingly) has the same CPI+ clause, even Zen have dropped the no increase within contract term in favour of a more vague "we will increase if we really need to" clause. Aquiss and Giganet don't have in contract increase provisions, but they are only 12 month contracts

{CORRECTION: Giganet may impose a CPI increase in January

@beeceegee If, like me you are on a contract with Zen (1 month rolling, now) and you signed up under the old terms, you stay on the initial price until you change product, i.e. upgrade from 40/10 to 80/20 FTTC, or move to FTTP, which I won't be able to do until 2025 at the current time.

John
bmc
Hero

@bond007 

Can't comment on the price you'd pay on the few days between old & new contract but I believe your next bill would be adjusted to relect the FTTP on the 18th. That is 4 days at whatever price it would be and then the rest of the month at the new price.

Brian

bond007
Dabbler

That's what I assumed would happen and would have been happy with that - but not the information I was given. Hopefully it will all be resolved on Monday.

ScottyKernow
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Hi all

Hate to say this but BT tried to persuade me to stay with them by offering me 150 download for under £32

As PlusNet were suppose to be the "budget" arm of BT I am genuinely surprised with the pricing

I will still move but am now looking forward when PN publish services/prices for new users

bmc
Hero

Just checked again.

My PlusNet portal is now showing FTTP prices available as an upgrade.

Brian

ScottyKernow
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Interesting!
Are you able to list here or arevthey the same as shown earlier?
bmc
Hero

@ScottyKernow 

Unable to tell - I'm back to the error message when checking for upgrades,

Brian